If you're intrigued by Cryptic's habit of giving away its expansions and you've yet to invest in Star Trek Online, the studio's made it that much easier for you to do so by lowering the price of the game to $20. Why, with all the money you'd be saving, you'd certainly be doing an enviable amount of prospering. Though, we're not sure what the secret to "living long" is. Fish oil? We bet it has something to do with fish oil.
- A new level cap: players can now reach level 51. (The previous level cap was 45.) With the increase come new ranks within the Federation and Klingon factions.
- All new rewards and content: including new Tier 5 ships, high-level versions of every Special Task Force mission and Fleet Action, and Mark XI gear rewards.
- Eight brand new Episodes: tailored specifically for the Klingon Empire, these Episodes star the Fek'ihri, the fabled enemy of Kahless, founder of the Klingon Empire. In Season Two, the Fek'ihri have returned and have again set their eyes upon Qo'noS.
- A brand new gameplay option: the Federation Diplomatic Corps. In this new system, players have the chance to meet and peacefully interact with brand new civilizations. As players progress through the Diplomatic Corps, they earn special ranks and rewards.
- Feature Episodes: five special new Episodes will debut weekly, beginning in August. These Episodes will introduce a new neutral race: the Deferi. Players of any level from both factions will be able to aid the Deferi against an adversary new to Star Trek Online.
- Dabo: a longtime staple of social areas in the Star Trek Universe, the casino game Dabo is coming to Star Trek Online. Players can wager energy credits to earn gold-pressed latinum, which they can exchange for special new rewards.