With that said, we will be over in Germany next week for GDC Europe and GamesCom. EA and Sony have back-to-back press conferences scheduled for next Tuesday, starting at 10:00 a.m. EDT. Although we aren't expecting another reveal like last year's PS3 Slim, surprises are always welcome. So, check out our coverage of Europe's biggest gaming show next week.
What's everyone playing?
- Alexander Sliwinski (@XanderSliwinski): Nothing, got a wedding tomorrow and then it's a packed week of GDC Europe and GamesCom. Hope you enjoy the coverage next week!
- Andrew Yoon (@scxzor): I'm hosting Canadian (and Shacknews) ambassador, Xav, in NYC this weekend. That probably means I'll be at Tim Horton's instead of playing video games.
- Ben Gilbert (@BigBossBgilbert): Like Mike, I'll be heading out of town for a wedding, which means Civ Rev on my phone and not much else. With any luck I'll get in some Split/Second on Saturday morning/Sunday night.
- Chris Buffa (@ChrisBuffa): I will continue to push through Singularity. If there's time left over, Monday Night Combat sounds like a fun time.
- Christopher Grant (@ChrisGrant): With ODST nearly complete, I'm going back to the backlog. Will it be the 1/2 finished ones, Red Faction Guerrilla, Far Cry 2, Final Fantasy 13, or Prince of Persia? Or maybe the completely ignored ones, like Tomb Raider Underworld or Call of Duty: World at War? It's anyone's guess.
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle): Not a thing because where are my boxes?! Daddy needs his StarCraft 2 and Monday Night Combat.
- Griffin McElroy (@griffinmcelroy): Scott Pilgrim and Monday Night Combat and Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Heart Gold. Hey, I like to keep my options open.
- James Ransom-Wiley: [Meditating.]
- JC Fletcher (@jcfletcher): I'm not just playing Dragon Quest IX, for once. I'm hoping to spend as much time as possible playing Scott Pilgrim this weekend! ... And also Dragon Quest IX.
- Justin McElroy (@JustinMcElroy): I'm going to be the turncoat criminal everyone loves to hate in Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days.
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): I'll be raiding tombs with Ms. Croft and ... some other guy. Was it The Custodian of Brightness?
- Mike Schramm (@MikeSchramm): I'm in Toledo for a wedding this weekend, so I'll be strictly portable. Clash of Heroes and Pokemon Diamond on the DS, and Solipskier and Civilization Revolution on the iPhone.
- Randy Nelson (@DangerPenguin) Throwing caution to the wind, I'm actually going to (gasp!) play Monday Night Combat on a weekend day! (When I'm not playing Scott Pilgrim on my PS3 or the latest round of rad iPhone games.)
- Richard Mitchell (@SenseiRAM) Alan Wake on Nightmare, Monday Night Combat (so good), Demon's Souls and ... something I'm not allowed to talk about. On an unrelated note, if you were creating makeshift zombie death implements, what items would you combine?