Leery of this fall's literal interpretation of the "Guitar Hero"
franchise? In an attempt to assuage your skepticism, Activision has wisely released the Warriors of Rock
demo on Xbox Live
today. Players can sample "Johnny Napalm's chapter" -- and upgrade the literal hero -- in the quest to save the Demigod of Rock (pictured; with his literal
axe). Surprisingly, you still use a plastic guitar to play songs in the game. The demo features the following:
- Dethklok – "Bloodlines"
- Black Sabbath – "Children of the Grave"
- Foo Fighters – "No Way Back"
- Slash featuring Ian Astbury – "Ghosts"
Additionally, the DJ Hero 2
demo is expected on Xbox Live Marketplace today (though it's currently missing from the service) and features the following mixes:
- "American Boy" (by Estelle featuring Kanye West) mixed with "Good Times" (by Chic)
- "Don't Cha" (by Pussycat Dolls featuring Busta Rhymes) mixed with "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)" (by Pitbull)
- "Bounce" (Battle Mix) (by MSTRKRFT featuring N.O.R.E.)
- "Just Dance" (by Lady Gaga featuring Colby O'Donis ) mixed with "Ghosts N Stuff" (by Deadmau5)
As usual, both demos are exclusive to Xbox Live Gold subscribers for one week. (Silver members can today download the R.U.S.E.
demos.) Historically, most Hero
-brand demos have been exclusive to Xbox Live, and today's demos are not expected for release on PSN
when the service updates later today.