Also, next week is the start of Tokyo Game Show, the last major gaming convention of the calendar year. Several things are already on the docket, including announcements planned by EA, Capcom and Microsoft.
So, what's everyone playing this weekend? Because we know what everyone is playing next.
- Alexander Sliwinski (@XanderSliwinski): Finally touching Civilization 5.
- Andrew Yoon (@scxzor): Heading off to Tokyo with a bag filled with PSP games: The Flying Hamster, Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess, and Suikoden.
- Ben Gilbert (@BigBossBgilbert): Heading down to Pennsylvania for my brother's wedding reprisal (it's a long story). Given that I'll be out of pocket, I anticipate a ton of Tilt to Live, finishing some reading, and continuing the search for adorable billy goats in Western PA.
- Chris Buffa (@ChrisBuffa): It's football Sunday, so I doubt that I'll see much gaming. Maybe some Plants vs. Zombies on Xbox Live Arcade.
- Christopher Grant (@ChrisGrant): No time for games, I've got Tokyo Game Show to plan for. I will, however, be playing Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker on the flight, since Justin let me borrow his copy. Thanks, Juice!
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle): Like Ludwig, I plan on playing some Metroid: Other M. Unlike Ludwig, I plan on being good at it! ;)
- Griffin McElroy (@griffinmcelroy): Finishing up Professor Layton and the Unwound Future for a review. It's requiring parts of my brain meat I haven't used in upwards of six years.
- James Ransom-Wiley: [Writing up the Halo: Reach review]
- JC Fletcher (@jcfletcher): [TOKYO!]
- Justin McElroy (@JustinMcElroy): Sorry nerds, I'm going to be headed out to Joan C. Edwards Stadium to watch Marshall and WVU meet in the field of athletic competition for a real game. ...That game is, of course, "See How Many Free Beers You Can Scrounge at Random Tailgates."
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): CONFESSION TIME: I'll be playing Metroid: Other M.
- Mike Schramm (@MikeSchramm): I am playing through Darksiders, and I expect that to take up my gaming time this weekend.
- Randy Nelson (@DangerPenguin) While my co-workers enjoy Metroid: Other M, I'll be enduring the gray market knock-off, Matroid: Another N.
- Richard Mitchell (@SenseiRAM) I've actually got a lot of multiplayer gaming planned this weekend. So ... Bad Company 2, Firefight (anyone wanna help me get the Endure cheevo?) and maybe even some Lara Croft. Who knows? Oh, and Shadow of the Colossus.