The first mode, "Wanted," is the scenario we previewed in June -- you're tasked with assassinating one of the other players, assigned as your target, before you're eliminated by the player hunting you. The second, "Alliance," pits three teams of two players against each other in a similar fashion (instead of individual targets, you and a partner work to take down the other teams). Both modes can be played on the beta's two initial maps, Rome and Castel Gandolfo; though when the beta launches, only Wanted will be available. Alliance and a third map, Siena, will be unlocked by the community by as yet unspecified means.
San Francisco- Sept. 16, 2010 - Today Ubisoft® announces that the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer beta will be accessible on Oct. 4, 2010 exclusively on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system to anyone that pre-orders the game from GameStop in the United States by Sept. 25.
In the Multiplayer beta players will have the opportunity to choose from nine different characters such as the doctor, the priest, the executioner or the courtesan, try their unique deadly weapons and discover their signature moves.
Up to eight simultaneous players will be able to use new ways to assassinate their targets in two different modes:
Wanted - Adversarial mode: From six to eight players
• Objective: Obtain the highest possible score by killing assigned targets.
• Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes
• In this game mode, players have 10 minutes to reach the higher score by assassinating other players. A target is assigned by the system and players can only kill that specific target. Interaction with the other players is not permitted unless they are either a target or a pursuer. If players kill innocents they will trigger an "open conflict". The position of the player will be revealed to their target and then will have the ability to escape or to cancel the contract. If the target has identified one of his pursuers, he can stun him to cancel the contract and score points.
Alliance* - Cooperative mode: Three teams of two players
• Objective: Obtain the highest possible score with your teammate by killing the assigned team. The teammates share the same character.
• Game session: 2 rounds of 4 minutes
• At the beginning of the round, a target team is assigned to each of the three teams. Those targets will not change for the entire round. During the round, players can switch between their two targets at anytime. Players will score by killing targets or escaping or stunning pursuers, but in addition, are rewarded by helping their teammate or performing cooperative actions like multiple kills in a row. At the end of the first round, all players will respawn and a new target is assigned to each team. The game session ends at the end of the second round.
* Alliance Mode will be unlocked by the community
Both modes will be playable on two different maps (Rome and Castel Gandolfo), with a third map to be unlocked by the community (Siena).
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is scheduled to release on Nov. 16, 2010 on consoles in North America. It will be available on PC in Q1 2011. To reserve your copy and gain access to the multiplayer beta, visit a GameStop store or go to http://www.GameStop.com/ACB.
Please visit www.assassinscreed.com for more information on Assassin's Creed® Brotherhood.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2009-10 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of € 871 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2010 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassin's Creed, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.