For the second time this year
, UK retailer GAME announced the closure of stores following further financial losses
reports the company plans to close 85 stores over the next three years, slimming down to 550 shops.
The closures are designed to reduce overlap between the company's two brands (GAME and Gamestation) and "drive for greater cost efficiency" (i.e., cut general overhead). GAME's chairman Peter Lewis noted that 70 percent of customers from stores closed earlier this year shifted to another GAME store. The other 30 percent went to another game store.