And Microsoft (producer of the best-selling non-DS console) tells us that with 1.37 million consoles sold, November 2010 was not only the biggest November ever for Xbox, it was the biggest month ever. Thanks, Kinect! Thanks, new hardware! Handhelds were actually down vs. previous years, though the DS was still the top-selling console, with the Mario red DSi XL representing the majority of sales. Nintendo said that "over 1.5 million" DS systems were sold last month.
After the break, check out the top-selling games of the month. You already know what's at number one, of course. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood follows at #2, with surprisingly strong showings for both Fable 3 and Donkey Kong Country Returns down the list.
Top 10 bestselling games for November 2010:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops - 360, PS3,Wii, PC, DS - Activision Blizzard
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 360, PS3 - Ubisoft
- Just Dance 2 - Wii - Ubisoft
- Madden NFL 11 - 360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP - EA
- Fable 3 - 360 - Microsoft
- Donkey Kong Country Returns - Wii - Nintendo
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - 360, PS3, Wii, PC - EA
- Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - Sony
- NBA 2K11 - 360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, PC - Take-2 Interactive
- Wii Fit Plus - Wii - Nintendo