According to BioWare's patch notes, which we've placed after the break, the corrupted save games are caused by a "crash related to memory fragmentation." For now, the developer's suggested workaround is to "simply restart your game every few hours." It's good to take a break every now and then ... though save file erasure is tad draconian when used as encouragement.
[Thanks, Nizam A.]
- Fixed a crash related to memory fragmentation. This fix will also resolve the crashing that corrupted Save Games.
- Slightly improved load times and level streaming.
- Added some telemetry to better improve future titles.
- Updated some strings to fix spelling mistakes (Sorry Kaidan!)
- Fixed the picture frame in Shepard's Cabin to accurately reflect your love interest choices in Mass Effect: Genesis.
- Fixed a rare crash in the PSN version in Shepard's Cabin.