The description alone of this indie action-adventure project was nearly enough to secure our funds: "While seeking life on a distant planet, a skeptical astronaut discovers an abandoned Russian laboratory and suspects his mission is a hoax until a mysterious young woman saves him from a strange and deadly phenomenon..."
Let's run down the bullet points:
- Distant planets: These are quantifiably better than close planets which, we think we speak for everyone here, are totally boring.
- Skeptical astronaut: This ain't no "yes man." Despite years of rigorous training for his task, our astronaut has managed to still question authority.
- Abandoned Russian lab: Cold War intrigue? Yes, please!
- Hoax mission: Now we're getting a whiff of something else? Is that conspiracy theory? Black comedy? We can't quite tell, but we like it.
- Mysterious young woman: Some of you might be into the "young woman" part but we're far more interested in the "mysterious" part. Who is she?
- Strange and deadly phenomenon: Alright, we're hooked! What's going on?