It looks like eager players will still be waiting a while to try out Ronimo's unique 2D MOBA title, Awesomenauts. The developer has announced that the game will be released on both PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade in February 2012.
In the same announcement, perhaps to help diminish the pain, Ronimo also released a video of an entire Awesomenauts match played by the developers. You can watch the whole twenty-two minute monster above.
dtp entertainment and Ronimo Games today jointly announced that Awesomenauts will be released for Playstation® Network and Xbox Live Arcade in February 2012.
"Though we understand that fans may initially feel disappointed that the game will not be released before the end of the year, we will make sure to use the extra time available to us to polish Awesomenauts even further," said Jasper Koning, co-founder and game designer at Ronimo Games.
To give fans a more in-depth insight into the game mechanics, a recording of a recent match between Awesomenauts' developers has been published. This 22-minute showcase will show a full Awesomenauts match from beginning to end, and features commentary from members of the development staff.
This feature is available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_TPQkIYOow, and is also available for download though the dtp press FTP: http://www.dtp-entertainment.com/presse/ (username: presse_dtp, password: presse_dtp)
For frequent updates and news directly from the developers, be sure to visit http://www.facebook.com/Awesomenauts/ or http://www.twitter.com/RonimoGames/. For more information about Awesomenauts, trailers and the playable characters in the game, visit http://www.awesomenauts.com/.
The year is 3587, conflict spans the stars. Huge robot armies are locked in an enduring stalemate. At the centre is a team of elite mercenaries fighting for the spoils of war: The Awesomenauts.
Combining the gameplay of classic 2D-platforming titles with that of modern, fast-paced MOBA-games, Awesomenauts allows up to six players to battle against one-another across multiple alien worlds. Featuring a playable roster of six unique heroes, Awesomenauts brings ferocious team play and angry, lightsaber-wielding aliens together.
Awesomenauts will be available for download on Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network in February 2012.
· For the first time in galactic history, Awesomenauts will bring the popular MOBA genre to the 2D plane with rich, detailed environments!
· Adrenaline-pumping action with up to 3 players staining your couch, or 6 players online!
· A roster of six unique playable mercenaries, each featuring their own set of skills and upgrades!
· Advanced matchmaking options, which allow you to queue up for online matches without forcing you to wait in a matchmaking lobby!
· Unlock over 100 unique items to beef up your abilities and customize your personal playing style for each match!
· Face melting battles across multiple exotic planets and alien spaceships!