This week Xav, JC, and Alexander discuss Gravity Rush, Civilization 5: Gods & Kings, the craziness that is Tropico 4, and a little Diablo 3 and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier peppered in for good measure.
Review round table returns with Jordan discussing Dragon's Dogma with freelancer Heidi Kemps and Polygon's Phil Kollar. Joystiq Research Institute welcomes the latest member of the site's editorial staff, Mike Suszek, along with Jess and Mike Schramm to discuss the indie point-and-click adventure The Journey Down.
Alex, Ben, and Jess bring you the latest industry news, including the entire 38 Studios meltdown. And to wrap it all up, Xav, JC, and Ludwig pull questions from the Joystiq Mailbag.
Winners for our Awesomenauts and Diablo 3: Collector's Edition are revealed in this episode, as well as details on a new giveaway for some PlayStation Vita accessories and a copy of Lumines: Electronic Symphony.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Super Joystiq Podcast is also available in the Zune Marketplace
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
- 00:00:00 - 00:00:46 // Pre-Show Fun and Intro Music
- 00:00:47 - 00:44:51 // Intro and WRUP/Previews: Xav, JC & Alexander
- 00:44:58 - 01:07:05 // Dragon's Dogma Roundtable: Jordan, Phil Kollar, & Heidi Kemps
- 01:07:14 - 01:31:43 // Joystiq Research Institute: Jess, Mike Schramm, & Mike Suszek
- 01:31:50 - 02:04:48 // News: Alexander, Ben, & Jess
- 02:05:01 - 02:31:50 // Mailbag: Xav, Ludwig, & JC
- 02:32:00 - 02:36:30 // Outro, giveaway winners, & a new giveaway!
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall - "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Jordan Mallory
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast - Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
Xav de Matos and Jonathan Downin
About the Joystiq Research Institute
Each week, a mix of editors from Joystiq will be tasked with playing one game, which they will discuss on the next episode of the podcast. The JRI's pick of the week is the indie point-and-click adventure The Journey Down. Can Jess get Mike Schramm and Mike Suszek to offer their terrible impression of the characters in the new title? We hope so ... for science.
Breaking News and Features
- Diablo 3 sales numbers
- Ron Gilbert's The Cave
- Latest on the 38 Studios meltdown
- Activision/Bungie contract reveals 'Destiny' and more
- Waiting Game: Everything that's been delayed into 2013 (so far)
- Exploring the patterns of Diablo 3
- Gravity Rush review: Disorient Express
(Were you selected? Email email@example.com to claim your prize!)
- Diablo 3 Collectors Edition: LinoMerrychristmasJenkins
- Awesomenauts Code: lmichaels, rizza3, TheFink2, NBAKirkland, ObiBen
Joyswag: PlayStation Vita Accessories & Lumines: Electronic Symphony
To enter this week's giveaway:
- Listen to the podcast. Leave a comment on this post telling us what you think about the Super Joystiq Podcast. We want your suggestions, questions, and comments!
- You must be 17 years or older and a resident of the US or Canada (excluding Quebec and Puerto Rico).
- Only one entry per person.
- This entry period ends at 12:00PM ET, Friday, June 1, 2012.
- At that time, we'll randomly select one grand prize winner to receive one retail copy of Lumines: Electronic Symphony for the PlayStation Vita, PDP Pull 'N Go Folio, and PDP Custom Crystal Case for PS Vita. The winner will be named on the next episode of the Super Joystiq Podcast.
- For a list of complete rules, click here.
What is Joyswag? Since we don't keep the games and merchandise we receive for review or promotional purposes, it becomes "Joyswag," which is passed along to our readers. Please note that Joyswag may be in "used" condition.
For more info on our policy, click here.