It's a two segment show this week. In the first segment, Xav, Ludwig, JC, and Richard discuss the oddity that is Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, the soul crushing Spelunky, the hilarity of Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3, and the maybe not so Amazing Spider-Man. But only after the guys talk about Metroid Prime and Brute Force.
Ben helms news this week alongside two Mikes (Schramm and Suszek) and a Jess. Sony kicks things off in a big way by acquiring streaming games company Gaikai. Also on tap: $99 future consoles (maybe), HD re-releases, and fake British accents.
Be sure to check after the break to see if you snagged yourself one of five one-year PlayStation Plus subscription codes.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Super Joystiq Podcast is also available in the Zune Marketplace
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
- 00:00:00 - 00:00:58 // Pre-Show Fun and Intro Music
- 00:00:59 - 00:56:36 // Intro and WRUP/Previews: Xav, Ludwig, JC & Richard
- 00:56:37 - 01:29:31 // News: Ben, Mike Schramm, Jess & Mike Suszek
- 01:29:32 - 01:31:35 // Outro, giveaway winners, and a new giveaway!
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall - "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Jordan Mallory & (y'know) Vivaldi
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast - Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Voice Mail: 1-877-JOYSTIQ (1-877-569-7847)
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for future streams and giveaways
Breaking News and Features
- Sony buying streaming game service Gaikai for $380 million, to establish 'new cloud service'
- Report: Xbox co-creator backing $99, Android-based game console (and all its games are free!)
- Final Fantasy 7 officially 'coming soon' on PC, exclusive to Square's online store
- NiGHTS Into Dreams gets a sweet sixteen present: an HD re-release on XBLA, PSN, and PC [update]
- Marvel vs Capcom two-pack headed to XBLA and PSN this September as 'Marvel vs Capcom Origins'
- EU court rules it's legal to resell digital games, software
- CoD goes to China with 'Call of Duty Online,' from Activision and Tencent
Xav de Matos and Jonathan Downin
Last Week's Giveaway Winners
(Were you selected? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize!)
PlayStation Plus 1-Year Subscription Code Winners
DrZeiss, patrickapp124, adricaror, christophetru, and jj.daunoras
Codes expire July 16. Joystiq is not responsible if codes are expired before they are claimed and redeemed.
Note: We will go through a process to confirm your identity and eligibility. If these requirements cannot be established, a new winner will be selected.
What is Joyswag? Since we don't keep the games and merchandise we receive for review or promotional purposes, it becomes "Joyswag," which is passed along to our readers. Please note that Joyswag may be in "used" condition.
For more info on our policy, click here.