Back in March, developer Ronimo Games told us it was in talks to bring Awesomenauts, its 2D MOBA title, to PC. Now, a scant four months later, Ronimo has announced that Awesomenauts is indeed coming to PC very soon. Interested players will be able to grab the game from Steam "within a month," and a Mac version will launch "shortly afterwards."
Check out the announcement trailer above, which includes the first look at Awesomenauts' new PC interface. If you haven't been keeping up, you can also read our review, which was rather positive.
A few years ago we at Ronimo set out to create a great platforming MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) game. This resulted in the release of Awesomenauts for XBLA and PSN a few months back. A great looking and addictive sidescrolling MOBA, a first for consoles. But ever since we've shown the first screens and videos, we've been getting tons of requests to also bring this game to PC.
Well, we agree! We love the idea of being able to play Awesomenauts with our friends through Steam using our trusty mice and keyboards. So we went ahead and actually built it! To speed things up we've been getting a lot of help and support from our fans, quickly translating new texts and giving us valuable feedback on the balance and new controls.
Within a month everyone will be able to grab a copy of Awesomenauts on Steam! Soon you will be able to experience the game using your favorite input devices. A Mac version will follow shortly afterwards.
And if that's not soon enough we'll be starting a closed beta within the week! Keep an eye on our facebook to stay up to date.
Check out the announcement trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O18wTCsmxq0
We plan to support all versions of Awesomenauts with updates and new content in the future! Starting with the console patch, which will go live very soon!
Awesomenauts is currently available on PSN ($9,99) and XBLA (800MSP) and coming to PC & Mac soon!
• 3 on 3 online platforming shooter action with bright 80's cartoon style
• 8 very unique and highly customizable characters, each with their own attacks and skills
• Online and offline play with up to 3 players on a single console using splitscreen
• Full drop in drop out support with bots and humans being swapped where needed
• Strong MOBA influences, classes, upgrades, creeps, turrets, bases, tactical depth, etc.
• Advanced matchmaking which allows you to queue up for online matches without forcing you to wait in a matchmaking lobby!
• Unlock over 100 unique items to beef up your abilities and customize your personal playing style for each match!
• Face melting battles across multiple exotic planets and alien spaceships!