Leading up to the release of Madden NFL 13 on August 28, EA Sports started a campaign to reveal the oh-so-important player ratings last week. The developer at EA Tiburon has released a video featuring hall of fame running back Marshall Faulk, who discusses the game's initial top ten-ranked running backs.
Over the course of the week, fans can vote for individual players to receive the highest skill ratings in the speed, acceleration, trucking, and elusiveness categories on EA Sports' Madden NFL Facebook page. As of now, Chris Johnson (Tennessee Titans) and Marshawn Lynch (Seattle Seahawks) received the most votes for the speed and trucking categories, respectively.
Additionally, EA Sports listed individual player ratings for every quarterback in Madden 13 recently. The top ten QBs and their overall, speed, awareness, throw power, and deep throw accuracy ratings are as follows:
- (GB) Aaron Rodgers (99) - 80 speed, 95 awareness, 97 throw power, 94 deep accuracy
- (NE) Tom Brady (98) - 58 speed, 99 awareness, 96 throw power, 88 deep accuracy
- (NO) Drew Brees (98) - 65 speed, 98 awareness, 89 throw power, 84 deep accuracy
- (NYG) Eli Manning (97) - 65 speed, 95 awareness, 90 throw power, 96 deep accuracy
- (PIT) Ben Roethlisberger (95) - 70 speed, 93 awareness, 94 throw power, 86 deep accuracy
- (DEN) Peyton Manning (93) - 60 speed, 99 awareness, 90 throw power, 82 deep accuracy
- (SD) Philip Rivers (92) - 63 speed, 91 awareness, 88 throw power, 87 deep accuracy
- (DET) Matthew Stafford (91) - 70 speed, 79 awareness, 99 throw power, 89 deep accuracy
- (DAL) Tony Romo (90) - 73 speed, 86 awareness, 90 throw power, 90 deep accuracy
- (PHI) Michael Vick (89) - 90 speed, 76 awareness, 97 throw power, 84 deep accuracy