In the first segment, Alexander and Ben are joined by Mattias Myllyrinne of Remedy to discuss the motivations and approach to game design in the era of microtransactions, something Remedy has recently tackled with Death Rally. Myllyrinne also touches on Max Payne, Alan Wake, and how the landscape for future projects.
In the second segment, Alexander, Ben, Richard, and Jess check in with thoughts on the first days of GDC Europe 2012. As a developer convention, there are plenty of panels and developer-centric discussions happening at the show. Be sure to stick around for insight into the storytelling mechanics of Dear Esther, the finances of a successful indie studio, ruminations on site ethics and the impact of coverage, and more.
And don't forget, we'll be back every day this week with specials out of GDC Europe and Gamescom 2012 in Germany.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Super Joystiq Podcast is also available in the Zune Marketplace
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
- 00:00:00 - 00:24:02 // Interview with Remedy's Mattias Myllyrinne: Alexander & Ben
- 00:24:03 - 00:54:19 // GDC Europe Day 1 wrap-up: Alexander, Ben, Richard & Jess
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall - "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Jordan Mallory
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast - Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Voice Mail: 1-877-JOYSTIQ (1-877-569-7847)
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for future streams and giveaways
Richard Mitchell and Jonathan Downin