Alexander, Ben, Richard, and Jess are back and joined by Rami Ismail from Vlambeer to discuss the indie game scene and how the developer handles copying of game concepts.
In the second segment, Garth DeAngelis and Jacob Solomon from Firaxis join the show to talk about their job titles, how creative decisions get made, and eventually get around to XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
Hello Games rounds out the show with Sean Murray, Grant Duncan and David Ream discussing the evolution of the studio, from a four-person team packed in a tiny office to a massive 10-person team working bohemian-style out of a warehouse. The guys also provide tips on how to travel internationally throughout Europe without a passport, and even talk about the forthcoming Joe Danger 2 The Movie.
Stay tuned throughout the week for more daily specials out of GDC Europe and Gamescom 2012 in Germany.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Super Joystiq Podcast is also available in the Zune Marketplace
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
- 00:00:00 - 00:38:39 // Rami Ismail from Vlambeer
- 00:38:40 - 01:21:58 // Garth DeAngelis and Jacob Solomon from Firaxis
- 01:21:59 - 02:02:28 // Sean Murray, Grant Duncan and David Ream from Hello Games
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall - "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Jordan Mallory
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast - Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Voice Mail: 1-877-JOYSTIQ (1-877-569-7847)
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for future streams and giveaways
Gamescom crew and Jonathan Downin