Richard, Ludwig and Dave kick things off with discussion on They Bleed Pixels, followed by forthcoming Ubisoft digital releases including Trials Evolution's "Origin of Pain" DLC, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Mighty Quest for Epic Loot, Sparticus Legends, Nutty Fluffies, Rayman Jungle Run, and Thunder Wolves.
Talk Back returns with Richard, Ludwig, JC, and Jess discussing gaming retail and the effects of sales, Steam Greenlight's new $100 fee, Ubisoft abandoning always-on DRM, The Walking Dead, and the virtues of difficult games.
Reliable as a metronome, news wraps the show with Alexander, Ben, Jordan and new guy Sinan talking about the potential for Gamestop to sell the Ouya, Insomniac's Overstrike becoming Fuse, the quick evolution of Steam Greenlight, Stardock's pile of issues and, of course, the whirliebirds of Thunder Wolves.
This is Ben's last podcast before moving to "BEngadget" for good, so make sure to jump in the comments and tell him he's a jerk for leaving – he'll know it's out of love.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Super Joystiq Podcast is also available in the Zune Marketplace
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
- 00:00:00 - 00:42:06 // Intro, WRUP/Previews: Richard, Ludwig, Dave
- 00:42:07 - 01:19:20 // Talk Back: Richard, Ludwig, JC, Jess
- 01:19:21 - 01:54:02 // News: Alexander, Ben, Jordan, Sinan
- 01:54:03 - 01:55:56 // Outro and content preview
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall - "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Jordan Mallory
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast - Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Voice Mail: 1-877-JOYSTIQ (1-877-569-7847)
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for future streams and giveaways
Talk Back questions (tell us your answers in the comments!)
- Steam Greenlight / $100 fee: Good or bad?
- Ubisoft drops always-on DRM: Good or bad? (This one will be short, I imagine.)
- Walking Dead: Directed story vs. Player choice
- Dark Souls creator ponders easy mode: Is difficulty important in games?
- Neo Geo X: Should other console makers follow suit? Dreamcast X? N64 X?
Breaking News and Features
- GameStop interested in Ouya
- Insomniac's 'Fuse' likely to be a reworked 'Overstrike'
- You light up my life: What Steam Greenlight is for indies, from indies
- Stardock responds to sexual harassment claims by former marketing manager against CEO
Richard Mitchell and Jonathan Downin
*Neither of these are true