Ben's saving grace time and time again was his passion for news and getting the job done. He unquestionably earned his role as senior reporter at the site. Journalists who want to cover this industry and not just the games in it are a rare breed. Of that rare breed, Ben is a unicorn.
Wish Ben all the best in the future. So, what's everyone playing?
- Alexander Sliwinski (@Sliwinski): Guild Wars 2 and finishing off Dust: An Elysian Tale.
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle): I'll be in my sweatpants, crying into a tub of Ben & Jerry's on my couch all weekend trying to figure out what I did wrong. I thought things were great. I even told my parents I was thinking about popping the question. I was shopping for a ring!
- JC Fletcher (@jcfletcher): JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
- Jess Conditt (@JessConditt): [...]
- Jordan Mallory (@Jordan_Mallory): Tekken Tag Tournament 2, all day e'ery day.
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): With Ben leaving us behind, it's time to enjoy - without inhibition - his most hated game: Uncharted 2.
- Mike Schramm (@MikeSchramm): I am almost at level 25 in Puzzle Craft, and hoping my addiction will end there. Otherwise I'm traveling to Denver for a conference, so I'll be playing some browser-based games: AirMech, Outernauts, and FarmVille 2.
- Mike Suszek (@MikeSuszek): I'll be pouring one out for Ben at my brother's wedding Saturday, and hopefully witnessing the Packers beat the 49ers on Sunday. What are video games, again?
- Richard Mitchell (@TheRichardM): As one of the only Joystiq staff members I could have a decent conversation about beer with, I'll miss Ben. At least a little bit. Sometimes. This weekend, it's They Bleed Pixels, more Dark Souls PC and pre-Tokyo Game Show panic.
- Sinan Kubba (@Shoinan): With Dragon's Dogma finally vanquished it's They Bleed Pixels and Home for me.
- Steven Wong: Have fun going in-depth on all those smartphones and android tablets, Ben! I think I'll probably be playing Trine 2 this weekend, because physics is magical.
- Xav de Matos (@Xav): Anything will do, since Ben hated everything.