A couple of big titles kick off the show. Xav is joined by Ludwig and Mike Schramm with a full 20 minutes of Halo 4 talk. Then it's on to Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, which seems to be three games in one. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria gets some love from Mike, Rayman: Jungle Run gets a shout-out, and Dead or Alive 5 makes a good impression.
In the second segment, Xav, JC, and Richard convene to recap recent gaming events. JC hits Fantastic Arcade, and talks about smaller titles such as Super Hexagon, Luftrausers, and Hotline Miami. Richard revisits his Tokyo Game Show experience with talk of Yoshinori Ono, Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Tank! Tank! Tank!, Hot Shots Golf 6 with Sony's T2 VR headset, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, and his sweet new Samus figure.
It's also been a big week of news, Alexander, JC, and Jess hit Sony's new PSN Day 1 Digital initiative, the state of digital distribution, Obsidian's successful Project Eternity Kickstarter, Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed trilogy packages, and the new new PS3 slim.
Also, if you missed them, make sure to go back and catch the Super Joystiq Podcast Tokyo Game Show 2012 specials.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Super Joystiq Podcast is also available in the Zune Marketplace
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
- 00:00:00 - 00:01:05 // Intro, WRUP/Previews: Xav, Ludwig, Mike Schramm
- 00:01:06 - 01:01:02 // TGS 2012 and Fantastic Arcade Recap: Xav, JC, Richard
- 01:01:03 - 01:43:27 // News: Alexander, JC, Jess
- 02:20:29 - 02:22:37 // Outro and content preview
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall - "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Jordan Mallory
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast - Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Voice Mail: 1-877-JOYSTIQ (1-877-569-7847)
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for future streams and giveaways
Breaking News and Features
- Resident Evil 6, Assassin's Creed 3 part of Sony's new 'PSN Day 1 Digital' program
- Obsidian's 'Project Eternity' Kickstarter surpasses $2 million
- Mass Effect Trilogy lands on 360 and PC November 6, PS3 later
- Assassin's Creed 'Ezio Trilogy' exclusive to PS3, launches November 14
- Say hello to the super slim PS3
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Coverage
- Halo 4 Coverage
Xav de Matos and Jonathan Downin