Games are up first, with Richard and JC joining Xav to discuss Code of Princess, Silent Hill Book of Memories, Borderlands 2, and Unfinished Swan.
The second segment kicks off a new recurring feature, Joystiq Profile, where we get to know the staff. First up is Jess Conditt talking about her history of gaming and how she found herself becoming a member of Team 'Stiq.
News is packed as always with Alexander, Jess, Jordan, and Mike Suszek hitting the announcement of Cyberpunk 2077, Good Old Games coming to Mac, Nintendo investigating child labor, Steam Greenlight Software and Concepts, Lightbox layoffs, tumultuous basketball releases, and Ubisoft suing the Black Eyed Peas.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Super Joystiq Podcast is also available in the Zune Marketplace
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
- 00:00:00 - 00:57:02 // Intro, WRUP/Previews: Xav, Richard, JC
- 00:57:03 - 01:02:12 // Joystiq Profile: Jess Conditt
- 01:02:13 - 01:37:37 // News: Alexander, Jess, Jordan, Mike Suszek
- 01:38:38 - 01:42:07 // Outro and content preview
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall - "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Jordan Mallory
Joystiq Profile interstitials: Workbench Music - Synethesia (Yellow, Red)
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast - Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Voice Mail: 1-877-JOYSTIQ (1-877-569-7847)
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for future streams and giveaways
Breaking News and Features
- Steam Greenlight approved Routine
- GOG launches Mac support, 50 games available now
- CD Projekt RED's 'Cyberpunk' now 'Cyberpunk 2077'
- Nintendo investigating manufacturer Foxconn after child labor admission
- Non-gaming software category added to Steam Greenlight
- Steam Greenlight 'Concepts': Post your game without the $100 fee
- Starhawk dev lays off 24, 'much smaller studio' to focus on first iOS title [Update]
- NBA Baller Beats sold 3,000 copies in debut month
- NBA assured by EA next NBA Live will meet 'mutual standard of excellence'
- Ubisoft sues Black Eyed Peas for $1m over absence of love for iOS game
Xav de Matos and Jonathan Downin
Winner of Razer Prize Pack - Naga and BlackWidow
The following commenter on last week's podcast has won a Razer Prize Pack. Send an email to podcast ATT joystiq DAWT com so we can verify your information and, boom, a hot keyboard and mouse set is headed your way.
To enter this week's giveaway:
- Listen to the podcast. Leave a comment on this post telling us what you think about the Super Joystiq Podcast. We want your suggestions, questions, and comments!
- You must be 17 years or older and a resident of the United States or Canada (excluding Puerto Rico and Quebec).
- Only one entry per person.
- This entry period ends at 12:00PM ET, Friday, October 26, 2012.
- At that time, we'll randomly select one (1) winner to receive the Journey Prize Pack.
- For a list of complete rules, click here.
What is Joyswag? Since we don't keep the games and merchandise we receive for review or promotional purposes, it becomes "Joyswag," which is passed along to our readers. Please note that Joyswag may be in "used" condition.
For more info on our policy, click here.