- Eurogamer (90/100): "ZombiU isn't the obligatory FPS launch title, but an original twist on the genre that has no console equivalent. It's not quite a revolution, lacking the scope and variety of mechanics to compete with high watermarks like Half-Life 2. But that should take nothing away from Ubisoft's achievement, and the success or otherwise of ZombiU could be defining for Wii U."
- Edge (70/100): "The terrors of the horde that has descended on London come with caveats, then. ZombiU, however, is a title that will infuse impulse buyers, early adopters and Nintendo diehards with relief and appreciation for the novel gameplay that Wii U can and will continue to provide."
- IGN (63/100): "ZombiU has so many great ideas from looting with the Wii U GamePad to permadeath to its spooky setting, but none of them grow into a great game. Controls are clunky, melee combat is annoying, and the game doesn't look good."
- Game Informer (50/100): "Gamers eager for a new experience tailored to the Wii U likely have their eyes on ZombiU. It shows off nearly every feature of Nintendo's new hardware, but the sum of these parts is a horrifying Frankenstein's Monster. Good zombie games are a dime a dozen these days, and I can't recommend ZombiU above them despite being the only undead shooter on the Wii U."
- GameSpot (45/100): "ZombiU is a game trapped in the wrong genre. The run-and-gun multiplayer modes emphasize the game's competent shooting mechanics and ability to create interesting enemy encounters. However, these two aspects are discouraged in the single-player campaign for the sake of survival."
Posted on Nov 26th 2014 2:00PM
Posted on Nov 26th 2014 9:00AM
Posted on Nov 25th 2014 9:01AM