It may be the beginning of the year, but we still have new games to discuss. First up, Xav, Ludwig, Richard, and Jess hit The Walking Dead Survival Instinct, Hawken, and Anarchy Reigns.
Alexander, Ludwig, JC, and Dave ride the rails in the newly renamed news segment-- "the caboose." On tap this week, THQ's continued financial troubles, Valve's official stance on the now-confirmed Steam Box, and Microsoft's Kinect-powered Illumiroom demo from CES 2012.
Going forward, the first segment will be recorded live on YouTube. Catch this week's edition as it was originally presented on YouTube. You can watch it here, or after the break.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
- 00:00:00 - 00:47:28 // Intro, WRUP/Previews: Xav, Ludwig, Richard, Jess
- 00:47:29 - 01:19:30 // News: Alexander, Ludwig, JC, Dave
- 01:19:31 - 01:21:21 // Outro: Xav
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall - "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Jordan Mallory
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast - Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Subscribe to Joystiq's YouTube Channel
- Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for game streams and giveaways
- THQ will sell whole unless exceeded by individual asset bids
- Xi3 reveals tiny Steam-focused PC, Valve investment [update]
- Sony aims for US web PS Store launch this month, automatic downloads in the works
- Microsoft's Illumiroom demo frees gaming from its TV cage
Xav de Matos and Jonathan Downin