DotEmu also has an update on the way for the iOS version, adding support for controllers including the iCade. The touch controls aren't bad in this version, but buttons are usually preferable.
Paris - February, 20 - 2013
Also known as Out Of This World™ and released across more than a dozen platforms since its 1991 debut, Another World™ has attained cult status among critics and sophisticated gamers alike for its cinematic effects in the graphics, sound and cut scenes.
Building on the success of the iPhone and iPad re-mastered version of the game, Dotemu and BulkyPix are now bringing Another World 20th Anniversary on Mac App Store.
20th Anniversary edition especially designed for Mac :
- Switch between Original/HD graphics
- 3 difficulty modes, Normal (easier than original game), Difficult (Equal to original game) and Very Hard (more difficult than original game)
- 100% remastered Sounds and FX
- Game Center with 13 achievements
- 12 languages support (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Russian)
And a new update for the iOS version includes :
- iPhone/iPad version now iCade, GameTel and iControlPad compatible.
- New languages supported: Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese and Korean
- Optimized for iOS 6
Plunge yourself in an immersive adventure with unique storytelling.
Another World™ bridges the gap between Cinema and Action Adventure games with a completely new style of fluid, cinematic, storytelling.
Hurtled through space and time by a nuclear experiment gone wrong, you'll need to dodge, outwit, and overcome the host of alien monsters and deadly earthquakes that plague the alien landscape you now call home. Only a perfect blend of logic and skill will get you past the deadly obstacles that lie in wait.