PC players will also get to experience the bonus mode thanks to a free update scheduled to release alongside the WiiWare version. Creator Brian Provinciano also reminds Wii U owners that they will be able buy and play the game using the Wii menu.
Finally, the Steam version of Retro City Rampage is on sale this week for $7.50, half the usual price. The sale ends on February 28.
[== THE RUNDOWN ==]
• WiiWare Version, AVAILABLE NEXT WEEK
• Bonus, Prototype ROM To Be Included
• PC/Steam will also get the ROM via a free update, same day
• 50% Off Steam Sale, ON NOW
Retro City Rampage finally hits WiiWare in North America and Europe on February 28th (next week).
As a special bonus, both the WiiWare and PC/Steam (via a free update on the same day) versions will include the "ROM City Rampage" Prototype.
Experience what Retro City Rampage could've been like if it were actually released in the '80s, as a 100% NES hardware-accurate ROM.
Imagine if Retro City Rampage was released on the NES back in the day! It WAS technologically possible, and "ROM City Rampage" proves it!
That's not all! The PC/Steam version is on sale through this weekend for 50% off.
[== FULL DETAILS ==]
• Retro City Rampage hits WiiWare in North America/Europe Thursday, February 28th
• It's only 1000 Points ($10, $5 less than the HD version MSRP)
• Supports the Wii Remote, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro and Game Cube Controller (Classic Controller recommended)
• Supports optional Wii Remote shake to pick up and throw (can also use a button)
• It's for the original Wii, but remember that you can also access the Wii eShop via your Wii U's Wii Mode
[Prototype Version, "ROM City Rampage"]
• Also Available February 28th
• Playable within the game's arcade alongside Virtual Meat Boy, BIT.TRIP: Retro City and Epic Meal Time
• Included in the Wii version, will be added to PC/Steam via a free update
• Steam updates automatically. For the DRM-Free version, log into your download page to grab the new version