The game features a single-player mode, along with multiplayer through Game Center or "pass and play." We'll have to wait and see how scary the microtransactions are going to be.
Strategy experts at Firaxis Games developing new fearsome turn-based strategy game
New York, NY – March 21, 2013 - 2K and Firaxis Games, the critically acclaimed studio responsible for the award-winning XCOM®: Enemy Unknown and Sid Meier's Civilization® series, today announced their latest mobile title, Haunted Hollow, will be available for iOS devices worldwide this spring. A competitive, spooky strategy game, Haunted Hollow lets players build and rule a mysterious mansion to spawn freaky monsters and send them into town to go head-to-head with rivals to capture townhouses, battle enemies, avoid angry mobs and seize control! Players of all ages can challenge friends through Game Center and Pass & Play, or play single-player matches.
A terrifyingly innovative game, Haunted Hollow is a free-to-play title featuring the addictive and deep gameplay that fans can expect from a Firaxis title. Haunted Hollow can be enjoyed by families, strategy buffs and horror enthusiasts alike.
· Build and rule a mysterious mansion that spawns freaky monsters, including Vampires, Zombies, Mummies, Witches and Reapers
· Go head-to-head with rivals to scare townspeople, battle enemies, avoid angry mobs and seize control of the town
· Power-up with each monster's own menacing powers and additional enhancements
· Play single-player or multi-player by challenging friends, both through the Game Center and with Pass & Play
· Choose from varying Haunted House architecture styles such as the 'Lost Temple' and 'Mad Scientist'
Haunted Hollow will be available for free to download from the App Store on iOS devices worldwide this spring. Haunted Hollow will then join the growing lineup of mobile titles published by 2K, including Borderlands Legends, Civilization Revolution, Sid Meier's Pirates, NBA 2K13, NHL 2K11 and more.
2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
# # #