Tomb Raider is bolstered by more multiplayer DLC today: the 1939 multiplayer map pack, a pair of maps including Dogfight – a concrete bunker forgotten since World War 2 – and the open spaces of hunting ground Forest Meadow. The map pack costs 320 MS Points ($4) and is available for download on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC right now.
Last month's Cave and Cliffs map pack was a timed Xbox 360 exclusive. Today, Square Enix revealed that it's coming to PS3 and PC mid-April, while the Shipwrecked multiplayer map pack will debut on all platforms in early May. On top of that, some of the exclusive launch DLC for Tomb Raider is available for download across all platforms now, including those Hitman: Absolution guns and other retailer-specific content.
DLC NOW AVAILABLE ON PLAYSTATION STORE AND STEAM
Square Enix® is excited to announce the launch of the TOMB RAIDER® 1939 Multiplayer Map Pack, out now on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation® 3 and Windows PC.
Additionally, all launch exclusive TOMB RAIDER downloadable content is now available on the PlayStation® Store and Steam®. Available from Tuesday, April 2nd, the new content features a range of weapons packs and multiplayer characters, including the cunning Scavenger Scout and Hitman: Absolution® themed weapons.
Multiplayer fans can also look forward to the Shipwrecked map pack, which will be available across all platforms from early May. Offering a range of hazardous multiplayer arenas, the upcoming map packs will include:
1939 Multiplayer Map Pack
Featuring two new maps; out now for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
· Dogfight: Dating back to the World War II experiments conducted on the island, this bunker is a deadly maze of brick and mortar that could easily become a tomb.
· Forest Meadow: This forest meadow is a hunting ground, filled with open spaces that can be advantageous and dangerous at the same time. Who is the hunter and who is the hunted?
Shipwrecked Multiplayer Map Pack
Featuring two new maps: released early May for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
· Lost Fleet: A massive beached ship serves as a dangerous battleground filled with twists, turns, and traps.
· Himiko's Cradle: Danger lurks around every corner in this mountain top shrine. The area is sacred to the scavengers and will be your final resting place if you are not careful.
Caves and Cliffs Multiplayer Map Pack
Featuring three new maps: out now on Xbox 360, released mid-April for PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
· Scavenger Caverns: A massive network of caves used by the scavengers as a prison area.
· Cliff Shantytown: This settlement was built high in the island cliffs. Its many layers hide some of the deadliest traps on the island.
· The Burning Village: A fire has erupted in an abandoned Japanese village. The burning buildings offer multiple ways to escape your enemies, but enter them at your own peril.