Game talk. Real talk. It's back to the regular show after a week of specials, and Xav, Ludwig, and Mike Schramm are in to talk at length on THE game of the past few weeks, BioShock Infinite. Ludwig also weighs in on one of the first demonstrated next-gen games, Thief, and Mike educates the group on some of the best indie finds at GDC 2013.
In news, Alexander, Jess, and Jordan cover Disney's decision to close LucasArts after 30+ years, layoffs at Square Enix, Tomb Raider's "disappointing" sales, and more.
Be sure to catch the games segment recorded live on YouTube every Thursday. This week's edition can be seen on the Joystiq YouTube page, and after the break.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
- 00:00:00 - 01:01:47 // Intro, WRUP/Previews: Xav, Ludwig, Mike Schramm
- 01:01:48 - 01:27:31 // News: Alexander, Jess, Jordan
- 01:27:32 - 01:29:25 // Outro: Xav
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall – "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Jordan Mallory
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast - Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Subscribe to Joystiq's YouTube Channel
- Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for game streams and giveaways
- Be an old-school creep in Thief
- BioShock Infinite review: Of lions, lambs and liars
- Disney closes LucasArts
- Monaco takes what's yours on April 24
- Square Enix Los Angeles layoff details, CEO rumored to be out by May
- Crystal Dynamics: Tomb Raider had best week one sales in franchise history
- Shovel Knight launching as a complete product
Xav de Matos and Jonathan Downin