Deadpool isn't so irreverent as to break any tenets of AAA game promotion, so of course there are retailer-exclusive pre-order bonuses from GameStop and Amazon.
April 17, 2013 –So I, the great and magMANimous Deadpool, cordially intimidated invited Activision Publishing, Inc. and High Moon Studios to make a video game starring Marvel's most Marvel-ous character, me. And you being a gamer of unquestionable good taste wish to pre-order that game. Well I say bravo - you deserve some awesome rewards for putting your trust in Deadpool.
So here we go... Because Deadpool loves you, I've sent threats hugs and kisses to the heads of some major retailers to get you some sweet merch for pre-ordering the Merc, including:
GameStop and EBGames - Link
· MY "Merc with a Map Pack" DLC (confetti explosion!) adds two new maps – GRT Plaza and Inside the Tower – to Deadpool Challenge mode, as well as two b-b-b-b-bonus costumes – the D-Pooly and Uncanny X-Force suits only for use in the unlockable Infinite mode where your stats are tracked on a global leaderboard.
· Exclusive digital wallpaper for my PowerUp Rewards friends featuring who else – me!!! I'll probably be, like, you know, totally ripped in it and all. No bigsies. – U.S. Only
· A (drum roll, please) midnight launch party at the GameStop with the most pre-orders (more drums!) paid BY Activision (now the bassoon!) with a LIVE appearance from ME, Das Pool! Now's your chance, Kodiak, Alaska GameStop customers! – U.S. Only
Amazon - Link
· A $5 Amazon credit towards select Marvel graphic novels– but seriously... buy a Deadpool graphic novel.
· An exclusive digital wallpaper and digital cover sleeve, because what are you doing not staring at my perfectly sculpted body every waking moment of the day?
That's it. Go pre-order my new game now, or else.
DEADPOOL will be available June 25, 2013 for the Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 with a $49.99 SRP, and PC with a $39.99 SRP. It is rated "M" for Mature by the ESRB. For more information, visit www.deadpoolgame.com, or follow along at www.facebook.com/RealDeadpool or on Twitter @RealDeadpool.