Hardware sales brought in $109.5 million, a 42 percent decrease from the $187.8 million seen last year, with the Xbox 360 once again enjoying the highest sales with 130,000 units moved. Meanwhile, the brief reprieve from year-over-year decline seen by the Accessories segment last month was short lived, as in April it by dropped 19 percent to a total of $131.4 million.
Software sales (including PC games) topped out at $267.8 million, with NetherRealm Studios' Injustice: Gods Among Us taking top honors as the best-selling game for the period, the first time a fighting game has finished in first since 2011's Mortal Kombat. Dead Island: Riptide and BioShock Infinite rounded out the podium in spots two and three respectively – meanwhile MMO/Syfy series Defiance debuted in fifth. As always, scope the full list after the break.
- Injustice: Gods Among Us (360, PS3, Wii U)
- Dead Island: Riptide (360, PS3, PC)
- Bioshock Infinite (360, PS3, PC)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
- Defiance (360, PS3, PC)
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
- NBA 2k13 (360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC)
- Skylanders Giants (Wii, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii U)
- Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins (3DS)
- MLB 13: The Show (PS3, Vita)