Activision Blizzard bought itself back from Vivendi this week in a transaction worth over $8 billion
. Just for context, here's what $8 billion can get you:
What's everyone playing this weekend?
- Alexander Sliwinski (@Sliwinski): The Shadowrun Returns buzz is getting to me. I certainly still have plenty of Rogue Legacy and The The Last of Us.
- Danny Cowan (@Sardoose): Dragon's Crown. A whole lotta Dragon's Crown.
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle): I'll be wrapping up my Nvidia Shield review this weekend and, if I find any time for myself, I'll play one of the billion untested Steam games sitting neglected in my library.
- Jess Conditt (@JessConditt): [whatever she wants]
- Jordan Mallory (@Jordan_Mallory): 37 hours into Skyrim and I finally sorta find out what an Elder Scroll probably is.
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): I'd like to spend some time with Pikmin 3, which marks my first encounter with the tiny denizens of Miyamoto's garden.
- Mike Suszek (@MikeSuszek): The more I play Earthbound again, the more upset I am that Nintendo has practically abandoned the series.
- Richard Mitchell (@TheRichardM): [...]
- Sinan Kubba (@Shoinan): Hot Shots Golf PS3. Even though I've played the Vita version to death - I'm so weak.
- Steven Wong: I'm going to try out Shadowrun Returns and see what items I get when I combine magic with science.
- Susan Arendt (@SusanArendt): Fallen London, The Raven, Animal Crossing. They overhauled Fallen London, added a ton of new content and refined the mechanics. It's effing brillllllyunt. Also, I have the only pony in the entire game.
- Thomas Schulenberg (@Lavapotamus): I bought Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon as soon as I was able to find a physical copy of it. It's still shrink wrapped. I'll be fixing that over the weekend!
- Xav de Matos (@Xav): I've been waiting for Shadowrun Returns since its Kickstarter was announced a year ago. Finally, it has arrived!