Spartans will find some additional items in their wardrobe today, as 343 Industries has issued the "Champions Bundle" DLC pack in Halo 4.
For 800 MS Points ($10) you'll get: the "Bullseye" pack, which includes two new multiplayer maps, a new "Ricochet" game mode and some sports-themed armor; the "Infinity Armor Pack," a collection of new armor items modeled after past Halo games; and the "Steel Gun Pack," which coats your weapons in some shiny new metals.
343 Industries is also offering these three DLC packs piecemeal, though purchasing the full bundle guarantees 18 additional exclusive in-game items and one cheaper price tag.
With a new multiplayer expansion looming, "Halo 4" gets a title update with two new support upgrades
In anticipation of the Champions Bundle available worldwide tomorrow (August 20, 2013), 343 Industries released a title update1 to "Halo 4" today, adding two new support upgrades for all Spartans looking for that extra combat edge.
· Recharge (Support Upgrade): Recharge decreases the time it takes for your shields to recharge.
· Survivor (Support Upgrade): Survivor ejects you out of a vehicle if it's about to explode.
The fourth major expansion in the "Halo 4" Infinity Multiplayer2 experience, the Champions Bundle, developed in collaboration with Certain Affinity, includes three DLC packs in total (Steel Skin Pack, Bullseye Pack, and Infinity Armor Pack) plus bonus content.
The Champions Bundle is available on Xbox Live2 for 800 MS Points3 and consists of the following DLC Packs, with additional bonus content outlined in the corresponding section below:
· Bullseye Pack: Two new multiplayer maps, a sports-themed Spartan armor, and a new competitive gravball game type called Ricochet
· Infinity Armor Pack: Set your Spartan up with impressive and legendary new armor
· Steel Skin Pack: Bring an elaborate steampunk style to your UNSC, Covenant, and Forerunner weapons
Each individual DLC Pack is available outside of the Champions Bundle as a standalone offer. The Bullseye Pack is available for 480 MS Points3, and the Infinity Armor Pack and Steel Skin Pack are available for 240 MS Points3 each. The Champions Bundle includes must-have bonus content available through purchase of the bundle.
A full description of each new pack and the Champions Bundle content is below:
Dive headfirst into the exciting Bullseye Pack, which includes the brand new Ricochet game type and two new maps, Pitfall and Vertigo. In addition, Bullseye offers an entirely new armor set based on the Ricochet game type.
· NEW MAP – Pitfall: As a remake of "Halo 3"'s 'The Pit' - Pitfall has new features based on pro and community feedback for increased pace and flow. The map is small and mostly open with strategically placed cover points. Our new game type Ricochet is also a perfect complement to this map. Play to experience a new take on an old favorite. Pitfall will incite fond memories, and new excitement.
· NEW Map – Vertigo: Vertigo is a small map that any Slayer or Extraction fan will love. But don't let Vertigo fool you. Opposing Spartans aren't the only thing you have to worry about in this small experimental tension conductor facility. This map is hiding a secret: Vertigo brings you the first dynamic event in a Halo multiplayer map in a very long time; the map hides a trigger point, that when shot at – depletes the shields of all Spartans within range.
· NEW Game Type – Ricochet: For nearly a century, gravball competitions have held sway over most competitive sports across the breadth of human-occupied space. Historically, UNSC drill instructors have utilized a variant called Ricochet, where fast-paced combat simulations occur in synch with the classic, frenetic scoring competition. Spartan-IVs aboard Infinity have adopted this format recently in the ship's impressive combat decks, incorporating a number of adjustments within the War Games simulations in order to effectively hone their skills. Protect your team's goal and score in the other team's goal. Running the ball into the goal earns you 50 points, while throwing the ball into the goal gets you 20 points. First team to 150 points wins.
Steel Skin Pack
With the Steel Skin Pack, stylize your favorite loadouts with the most elaborate and impressive "Halo 4" weapon skins to date. Inspired by classic steampunk aesthetics, the Steel Skin Pack covers the gamut with ten UNSC, Covenant, and Forerunner weapons, grafting vivid, dynamic plating and textures across your weapon-of-choice.
Infinity Armor Pack
Stand out on the battlefield: from legendary Mjolnir and Special Forces armor to the ancient Forerunner mail of an era long passed, now is the time to update your "Halo 4" Spartan. With the Infinity Armor Pack, you get access to the vintage Mark V armor of "Halo: Combat Evolved," the rugged armor worn by the battle-hardened ODSTs, and a hybrid Forerunner armor system used by their civilization's Prefects more than 100,000 years ago.
"Halo 4" Champions Bundle:
Enhance your War Games experience with 3 all-new content packs for one special price4, plus bonus content for those who purchase the "Halo 4" Champions Bundle. The bonus content gives you an excellent selection of upgrades that simply cannot be passed up, including an armor mod: the Resistor Tactical Package, new weapon skins, new armor skins, and new Spartan stances for your player card. And, with the "Halo 4" Champions Bundle, you get the 3 content packs as well: the Infinity Armor Pack sets your Spartan up with legendary new armor, the Steel Skin Pack brings elaborate steampunk style to your UNSC, Covenant, and Forerunner weapons, and the Bullseye Pack delivers 2 new maps, a sports-themed Spartan armor, and 2 week early-access5 to an insane new competitive gravball game type called "Ricochet". A description of the armor mod included in the Champions Bundle bonus content is below:
· Resistor Tactical Package: The Resistor Package is a specialized armor mod that allows Spartans to maintain their full mobility and dexterity while taking incoming fire.
About "Halo 4"
"Halo 4" is the latest blockbuster installment of the iconic franchise that has shaped entertainment history and defined a generation of gamers. Developed by 343 Industries, "Halo 4" continues the story of the series' iconic hero the Master Chief as he returns to confront his destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe. "Halo 4" takes the series in a bold new direction by delivering its most epic and explorative campaign yet, alongside an emotionally resonant story and a groundbreaking multiplayer offering unlike anything before it – setting the stage for an epic new sci-fi saga.
The standard edition of "Halo 4" is available for $59.99 (U.S. ERP**)
About Certain Affinity
Certain Affinity (CA) was founded in 2006 with the goal of creating innovative, top-quality action games. CA brings an experienced, talented group together to form one of the largest independent developers in Austin, Texas. Led by Max Hoberman, a ten-year Bungie veteran, who is CA's founder, president and creative director, the company has more than 90 full-time employees, including veterans from dozens of successful game studio. CA has gone on to ship more than a dozen products, which when combined have sold more than 60 million copies. Notable releases include co-development on Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty: World at War, and Call of Duty: Black Ops; downloadable competitive and cooperative content for Halo: Reach, Halo Anniversary and Halo 4; as well as the original strategy game Age of Booty and original action-role playing game, Crimson Alliance. In the mobile space, CA's Age of Booty: Tactics was recently chosen as one of the games to launch Facebook's Mobile Games Publishing program. Certain Affinity's rare exposure to so many top-tier developers, publishers, and franchises has helped the company build a world-class team ready for the industry's next generation of games. The company can be found online at www.certainaffinity.com.