Alexander, Richard, Jess, and Sinan are in Germany covering the biggest games show of the year, and in traditional fashion, are joined by a group of indie developers. Rami Ismail (Vlambeer), Mike Bithell (Thomas Was Alone), Martin Pichlmair (Secrets of Raetikon), and Kelly Wallick (Indie Megabooth) join the podcast to hit a myriad of topics facing indies in 2013: next-gen developer relations, indie marketing, Steam Greenlight, and much more.
This is also your first chance to win big during The Great Gamescom Podcast Giveaways of 2013! In today's episode, we reveal the password required to enter to win a Razer prize pack, which includes a Carcharias headset, Orbweaver keypad, Naga mouse and Taipan mouse. Instructions for how to enter can be found on this post, and after the break. Be sure to catch each episode every day this week for a new giveaway. See you back here tomorrow!
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
Hosts: Alexander (@Sliwinski), Richard (@The RichardM), Jess (@JessConditt), Sinan (@shoinan)
Guests: Rami Ismail (@the_rami) - Vlambeer [Luftrausers, Wasteland Kings], Mike Bithell (@mikeBithell) -indie dev [Thomas Was Alone], Martin Pichlmair (@martinpi) - indie dev [Secrets of Raetikon], Kelly Wallick (@KellyWallick) - Indie Megabooth
- 00:00:00 - 00:07:14 // Intro and meeting the guests
- 00:07:15 - 00:28:54 // Next-gen and indie developmer relations
- 00:28:55 - 00:36:11 // Evolution of indie development - Steam, Humble, and iOS
- 00:36:12 - 00:45:16 // Steam Greenlight and Early Access
- 00:45:17 - 00:47:32 // Self-publishing on next-gen
- 00:47:33 - 00:56:59 // Curated vs. completely open platforms
- 00:57:00 - 01:08:19 // Indie marketing
- 01:08:20 - 01:11:35 // Importance of taste-makers
- 01:11:36 - 01:16:28 // Wrap-up and anticipated things at the show
- 01:16:29 - 01:18:20 // Final wrap-up
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall – "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Go Cart, Blown Away - Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast – Have a question? Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Subscribe to Joystiq's YouTube Channel
- Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for game streams and giveaways
Alexander Sliwinski and Jonathan Downin (@jonathandownin)
Joyswag: Razer prize pack
To enter this week's giveaway:
- Listen to and subscribe to the podcast. Send an email to podcast at joystiq dot com. Be sure to include the secret password (revealed during the podcast) in the subject line. Spelling counts! Comments posted here do not qualify.
- Only one entry per person, per password. Emails containing multiple passwords do no quality. Must be over 18 years of age and a resident of the United States.
- Entries must be received on or before Monday, August 26, 2013.
- At that time, we'll randomly select one (1) winner to receive a Razer prize pack including: Carcharias Gaming Headset, Orbweaver keypad, Naga mouse, and Taipan mouse.
- For a list of complete rules for JoySwag, click here.
What is Joyswag? Since we don't keep the games and merchandise we receive for review or promotional purposes, it becomes "Joyswag," which is passed along to our readers. Please note that Joyswag may be in "used" condition.
For more info on our policy, click here.