Yesterday featured insight from a group of indie developers, today's show features fellow members of the press. Alexander, Richard, Jess, Sinan, and guests discuss what is likely to be the biggest news day of the show, with presentations from Microsoft, EA, and Sony. Microsoft revealed its full launch lineup slated for November, EA went over its catalog of upcoming releases, and Sony doubled-down on its indie push and revealed November 15 (US), and November 29 (EU), release dates for the PlayStation 4.
We also have another amazing prize to give away from The Great Gamescom Podcast Giveaways of 2013! In today's episode, we reveal the password required to enter to win an Xbox 360 S Halo 4 hardware bundle. Instructions for how to enter can be found on this post, and after the break. Be sure to catch each episode every day this week for a new giveaway. See you back here tomorrow!
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
Hosts: Alexander (@Sliwinski), Richard (@The RichardM), Jess (@JessConditt), Sinan (@shoinan)
Guests: Ben Gilbert (@RealBenGilbert) - Engadget, Rob Crossley (@Rob_Crossley_) - CVG, Patrick Garratt (@patlike) - VG247, Michael Futter (@Futterish) - Game Informer
- 00:00:00 - 00:04:07 // Intro and meeting the guests
- 00:04:08 - 00:17:46 // Microsoft overview
- 00:17:47 - 00:22:27 // The Division and economic models
- 00:22:28 - 00:23:43 // No Xbox One release date
- 00:23:44 - 00:32:19 // Fable Legends
- 00:32:20 - 00:40:29 // EA - Battlefield 4, Titanfall
- 00:40:30 - 00:47:59 // Sony overview
- 00:48:00 - 00:55:24 // Indies, Minecraft
- 00:55:25 - 01:03:59 // Vita price drop and games
- 01:04:00 - 01:12:54 // PS Plus, services, and publishing policies
- 01:12:55 - 01:19:42 // Corporate approaches
- 01:19:43 - 01:21:35 // Final wrap-up
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall – "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Go Cart, Blown Away - Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast – Have a question? Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Subscribe to Joystiq's YouTube Channel
- Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for game streams and giveaways
Alexander Sliwinski and Jonathan Downin (@jonathandownin)
Joyswag: Xbox 360 S Halo 4 bundle
To enter this week's giveaway:
- Listen to and subscribe to the podcast. Send an email to podcast at joystiq dot com. Be sure to include the secret password (revealed during the podcast) in the subject line. Spelling counts! Comments posted here do not qualify.
- Only one entry per person, per password. Emails containing multiple passwords do no quality. Must be over 18 years of age and a resident of the United States.
- Entries must be received on or before Monday, August 26, 2013.
- At that time, we'll randomly select one (1) winner to receive an Xbox 360 S Halo 4 hardware bundle.
- For a list of complete rules for JoySwag, click here.
What is Joyswag? Since we don't keep the games and merchandise we receive for review or promotional purposes, it becomes "Joyswag," which is passed along to our readers. Please note that Joyswag may be in "used" condition.
For more info on our policy, click here.