Get ready, because it doesn't get much better than this-- we call it a grand finale for a reason. The Gamescom crew is back one more time, and is joined by Xbox's Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb, and John Drake and Nick Chester from Harmonix. On the slate of topics: Germany, Microsoft's indie push with ID@XBOX, the features of the Xbox One dashboard, Harmonix, and Fantasia: Music Evolved. All is accompanied by lots of excited yelling.
The Great Gamescom Podcast Giveaways of 2013 concludes with another great prize! In today's episode, we reveal the password required to enter to win an Epiphone SG electric guitar. Instructions for how to enter can be found on this post, and after the break. Also, be sure to go back and listen to each episode from the week for a chance at all five different giveaways!
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
Hosts: Alexander (@Sliwinski), Richard (@The RichardM), Jess (@JessConditt), Sinan (@shoinan)
Guests: Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (@majornelson) - Xbox, John Drake (@johntdrake) and Nick Chester (@nickchester) - Harmonix
- 00:00:00 - 00:05:19 // Intro and the Super Drake Tracker 2000 EX
- 00:05:20 - 00:10:19 // Avalanche? Gaijin? Kinect?
- 00:10:20 - 00:21:57 // John T. Drake on Germany and Gamescom (and no ice)
- 00:21:58 - 00:32:08 // Xbox One and ID@Xbox
- 00:32:09 - 00:34:54 // Industry veterans taking executive positions
- 00:34:55 - 00:49:48 // Xbox OS features and how/when to show it to the public
- 00:49:49 - 00:58:13 // Titanfall impressions and gamer anger
- 00:58:14 - 01:00:34 // Oculus Rift
- 01:00:35 - 01:10:05 // Fantasia: Music Evolved and Harmonix
- 01:10:06 - 01:14:59 // Closing thoughts, phone pimping, and naked man butts
- 01:15:00 - 01:16:51 // Final wrap-up
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall – "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Go Cart, Blown Away - Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast – Have a question? Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Subscribe to Joystiq's YouTube Channel
- Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for game streams and giveaways
Alexander Sliwinski and Jonathan Downin (@jonathandownin)
Joyswag: Epiphone SG 310 electric guitar for Rocksmith
To enter this week's giveaway:
- Listen to and subscribe to the podcast. Send an email to podcast at joystiq dot com. Be sure to include the secret password (revealed during the podcast) in the subject line. Spelling counts! Comments posted here do not qualify.
- Only one entry per person, per password. Emails containing multiple passwords do no quality. Must be over 18 years of age and a resident of the United States.
- Entries must be received on or before Monday, August 26, 2013.
- At that time, we'll randomly select one (1) winner to receive an Epiphone SG 310 electric guitar for Rocksmith.
- For a list of complete rules for JoySwag, click here.
What is Joyswag? Since we don't keep the games and merchandise we receive for review or promotional purposes, it becomes "Joyswag," which is passed along to our readers. Please note that Joyswag may be in "used" condition.
For more info on our policy, click here.