It's time to say goodbye to Jordan Mallory, Girls' Generation superfan and one half of Joystiq's Team Rocket with Jess Conditt. He leaves us to pursue artistic ventures, like continuing his exploration of beats and seeing the world beyond the daily non-fiction drama.
Jordan, may a shampoo dance never be far away and your life be full of gee, gee, gee. Baby, baby.
What's everyone playing?
We've now added Twitch channels, along with our Twitter handles, to WRUP. Feel free to follow and subscribe to either or both.
- Alexander Sliwinski (@Sliwinski, Twitch): The Last of Us, maybe, finally.
- Danny Cowan (@db_cowan, Twitch): I'm finishing up Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut this weekend and will love every minute of it. Anything I play afterward will probably be a disappointment.
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle, Twitch): I'll be in the trenches of Battlefield 4 all this weekend.
- Earnest Cavalli (@Ecavalli, Twitch): I have impulse control problems, so I opted to pick up Lego Marvel Super Heroes before the next generation hits. Until such time as I get new hardware, I'll be punching blocky supervillains.
- Jess Conditt (@JessConditt): I can't. The title of this thread has made me too depressed to even think about having fun. YOU MONSTER.
- Jordan Mallory (@Jordan_Mallory, Twitch): Team Rocket is not so weak so as to be fractured by a mere difference in employers – our reach extends beyond Joystiq and to the stars above, enduring forever as a shining beacon of hope against the evils of truth/love. Team Rocket! Blast off, at the speed of light!!
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK, Twitch): Has anyone seen Falcone? Excuse me, sir, but could you help me locate this Falcone person, please?
- Mike Suszek (@MikeSuszek, Twitch): I'm hoping to get some time in with Pokemon Y and WWE 2K14, which if combined, would make one amazing game.
- Richard Mitchell (@TheRichardM, Twitch): I'm unexpectedly addicted to Borderlands 2. Maybe some more Lone Survivor on Vita or Pokemon X.
- Sinan Kubba (@SinanKubba): I've played approximately 23 minutes of Grand Theft Auto 5. I'll try to improve on that.
- Sophie Prell (@SophiePrell, Twitch): Splitting time between sitting on the couch to play Eldritch and soaking in bubble baths with the Wii U GamePad in my hand to play Deus Ex.
- Steven Wong: I will discover how a certain caped vigilante learned to introduce criminals' faces to his fists.
- Susan Arendt (@SusanArendt, Twitch): Probably nothing. It's finally started to get cold here, and I just want to get a big bowl of popcorn and a blanket at watch horror movies all weekend.
- Thomas Schulenberg (@T_Schulenberg, Twitch): I'll be slowly filling my Pokedex in Pokemon Y. Using the Exp. All item almost feels like cheating, but I really don't miss switching during my first turn being my only option to train weak Pokemon.
- Xav de Matos (@Xav, Twitch): *Redacted*