- Eurogamer (100/100): "It's beautiful as well as busy, too. While Nintendo came to HD textures late, it's benefited more than most - probably because it has rendering interests that go beyond rust and gunmetal."
- IGN (96/100): "Super Mario 3D World is marvelous, and its constant variety and fantastic light-hearted co-op play proves that Nintendo still knows exactly how to tweak their Mario formula in fun ways."
- Game Informer (93/100): "While 3D World shines in single-player, the fun multiplies with others. This merges clever and flexible 3D maps with New Super Mario Bros.' wild four-player gameplay. Everyone fights over their favorite characters not just for looks, but also for their unique traits."
- Edge (90/100): "This is Mario like you've never seen him before, and unlike so many of his next-gen rivals, he nips along at an effortless 60fps. If the true measure of new hardware's worth is how stark the difference is between it and what came before, then this is the most next-gen game that 2013 has yet produced."
- The Escapist (80/100): "Super Mario 3D World is a very good Mario game that suffers only in that the unrealized potential for it to have been a great game, period, keeps peeking in between the cracks."
Posted on Mar 8th 2014 1:00PM
Super Joystiq Podcast 087: Watch Dogs, South Park The Stick of Truth, The Walking Dead: A House Divided
Posted on Mar 7th 2014 2:00PM
Posted on Mar 7th 2014 12:00PM