Larian Studios' latest high fantasy epic, Divinity: Original Sin, is now slated for a Spring release, and to whet players' appetites, the developer has issued the above trailer, titled "Spring Is Coming."
According to a press release issued by Larian, the Spring launch window will allow the developer to utilize more of the feedback it has received from the game's Kickstarter backers, as well as those playing the game's Early Access incarnation. "Divinity: Original Sin features a huge and reactive RPG world with unparalleled 2-player co-op, and Larian is taking the time necessary to make it right and polished," the developer stated.
If you'd rather not wait a few nebulous months to dig into Divinity: Original Sin, there's still time to join the Early Access test. While there is a $40 cost of entry, Larian claims that the Early Access game will continue to receive content updates and bug fixes for the foreseeable future.
Spring is Coming Trailer
Catch a sneak preview of what's to come this Spring for Divinity: Original Sin in our newest teaser trailer. The world is growing ever more vast and more interactive, and here you'll find a first look at some of Rivellon's previously unseen fairytale landscapes and creatures. If you pay close attention, you'll find that it's not only your elemental powers, but also tempestuous weather that can shift the winds in combat.
About Divinity: Original Sin
Divinity: Original Sin goes back to the values of memorable cRPGs: isometric, party-based, turn-based, gripping dialogues, choices and consequence, deep story, profound character and party development, a big interactive world filled with characters and items, free exploration... There is only one main goal, and how you get there is completely up to you. Of course, everything is more fun with a friend and so is Original Sin: drop-in, drop-out multiplayer takes care of that, both online and locally.
• Become part of a reactive, living and open world. Explore diverse environments, find myriad creatures and tons of desirable items.
• Experience gripping, party and turn-based combat. Manipulate the environment and use skill & spell combos.
• Play in co-op multiplayer and engage in co-op dialogues. Shape your relationships with your partner that will influence the game.
• Unravel a deep and epic story, set in the early days of Rivellon. Taking place well before Divine Divinity and The Dragon Knight Saga, Divinity: Original Sin presents you with a familiar world in another era.
• Classless system lets you shape your character any way you want. Endless item interaction and combinations take things to another level of freedom.
• Create your own adventures and share them online. With Original Sin comes the powerful toolset used by the game's designers.
For more information visit http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com.