1. Lots of bags for organization-ing 2. Ankle wrap 3. Ear plugs for avoiding those pesky press conferences 4. USB headset for on-the-fly podcasting 5. Good ol' lappy 6. Umbrella 7. Drum sticks + practice pad 8. Mandolin -- why not? 9. Lots of paper for that retro vibe 10. Card reader, SD cards and jump drives 11. Batteries! 12. Pens and pencils 13. Business cards, held tightly in a Destroy All Developers! case 14. Rock Band party pass and broken bluetooth headset (for looking like a tool, or fitting in, at the concert)
Not pictured: DS, World Ends with You, Power Strip o' stuff, self-esteem
Pictured but unimportant: The most sexiest collection of t-shirts imaginable.
1. Crisis Core PSP with Buster Sword and Chocobo charms attached. Contains Crisis Core UMD. 2. Black DS Lite containing Final Fantasy Tactics A2 3. iPod Touch with Sennheiser inner-ear headphones 4. MacBook Pro 5. iPhone 3G 6. Sennheiser USB headset 7. World Traveller Travel Adapter kit for Apple products 8. Nikon D40x 10mpx camera
From top left to bottom right: mini-dvdrw's, videocamera, Eee, digital camera, power cables for laptops, (next row) Zen w/ earbuds, voice recorder w/ tapes (I know, old-school), spare memory card, spare battery for videocamera, cables for transferring video (next row) crackberry, emergency crackberry charger, wireless usb mouse, VAIO SZ780 with built-in EVDO (custom, and my baby), spare battery for VAIO, spare batteries for mouse/voice recorder/digital camera/crackberry charging.
Not pictured: water, energy bars, small tripod, messenger bag this fits in, comfy shoes, coffee for late nights.
1. Macbook Pro (running OS X 10.5.2 so I can play Diablo II) 2. USB headset for recording podcasts 3. iPod with voice recorder 4. Awesome wooden business card holder (fun at parties!) 5. Business card wallet with super secret industry contacts 6. LG ENV 2 mobile phone 7. Tiny 2GB flash drive on Halo 3 keychain 8. Micro SD Card adapters 9. USB SD Card reader 10. Noise canceling headphones (an absolute must for late night blogging) 11. Spiffy wireless notebook mouse (essential for Diablo II) 12. Battery charger with batteries 13. 360 Memory Unit with Gamertag (you never know) 14. EyeTV video capture device with remote control 15. Distribution amplifier (for video capture) 16. Notepad filled with hard hitting interview questions
Not pictured: Camera used to take picture, disarming good looks.
I'm traveling light this year.
1. Trusty Dell laptop, recently excercised
2. Digital audio recorder, an interviewer's best friend
3. 9MP Digital camera, complete with WiFi
4. Red/Black DS Lite
5. Elite Beat Agents headphones (which are far too short)
6. Worms 2 for the DS
7. Soldering wire and duck tape (because you never know)
1. Battery charger, because you can never have enough battery power. 2. USB stick, recycled from another PR event. 3. Old but trusty 12" Powerbook. 4. lucky Hearthstone charm 5. Journalist's notebook (with Sega pen!) 6. Tape recorder 7. DS games: World Ends With You (which will definitely be on roaming mode the whole time), Mario Kart, EBA, Advance Wars 8. Phat Blue DS 9. Aviator Playing Cards, good for all kinds of things 10. 80gb video iPod with Song Summoner waiting for me to test on the plane. 11. iPhone for app testing/communicating all week 12. MS Lifechat headset for various podcasting opportunities
Not pictured: Canon PowerShot A520, about a mile of various cabling, and the case this is all supposed to fit in.
I feel ready now. Wait, I'll probably need clothes, too.