Follow us on:

Posts tagged anno-2070

Ubisoft fully acquires Anno developer

Ubisoft has fully purchased German developer Related Designs, best known for creating the Anno strategy series (Americans may remember Anno 1404 as Dawn of Discovery). The French publisher previously held a 30 percent share in the company, but bought the other 70 percent in an undisclosed cash tra...

Continue Reading

GameFly PC sale: cheap Mass Effect Trilogy, Hitman Absolution, more

GameFly is running a special on select Windows PC downloads, offering up Hitman: Absolution for $12.49, Max Payne 3 for $14.99, Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $4.99, Mass Effect Trilogy for $24.99, Anno 2070 for $17.49 and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City for $12.49. Late last year, GameFly int...

Continue Reading

Anno 2070 Domination Mode mapped out by developers

Anno 2070's new multiplayer mode, Domination, allows two teams of five to fight for control of various points. Watch how it's done in the video above. Also, check out the size of that mic!...

Continue Reading

Dive into Anno 2070's 'Deep Ocean' this October

Anno 2070's under the sea expansion pack "Deep Ocean" will be available October 4 for $29.99. Announced earlier this year, the downloadable add-on will allow for a underwater geothermal plant, a new Tech Monument and a new population class of "Genius" for the Tech faction. Deep Ocean also includes ...

Continue Reading

Anno 2070 dives deep to extract expansion this fall

Anno 2070 will go under the sea this autumn with the "Deep Ocean" expansion. The pack will allow for an underwater geothermal plant, a "hostile takeover" without the use of military, a new population class of "Genius" for the Tech faction and several other additions. The futurisitic update of the c...

Continue Reading

Ubi's server migration closeouts extend beyond previously announced titles

Ubisoft is in the middle of transferring all of its data from one server farm to another, and while we knew the process would render some games unplayable, it seems the migration has affected a wider swath of Ubisoft's catalogue than previously anticipated. Players are reporting issues with the PC ...

Continue Reading

PSA: Ubisoft server migration means temporary offline time for some games

Beginning February 7, Ubisoft will transition all of its data from one third-party server farm to another, and as a result online functionality in most Ubisoft titles will be disabled during that time. Some Ubisoft games won't be playable at all, but that list is rather short and will only affect M...

Continue Reading

Anno 2070 DRM grudgingly altered as little as possible

It's hard to watch Ubisoft's abusive relationship with PC gamers, but here's another example of the publisher delivering a box of chocolates to the hospital room. Economics and ecology simulator Anno 2070 has some pretty strict DRM, allowing only three installs per copy, which is restrictive but no...

Continue Reading

Ubisoft bringing Assassins, Rabbids, and Future Soldiers to Gamescom

Sure, said assassins, rabbids, and future soldiers will arrive in video game form, but there's at least an air of danger in Ubisoft's Gamescom lineup. The French publisher revealed its German cavalry this week, saying that all titles will be available either in hands-on versions or hands-off pres...

Continue Reading

See the pretty, sterile Anno 2070 debut teaser trailer

Anno 2070's first trailer feels so much like a pharmaceutical commercial that we keep waiting for the voice-over to tell us the side effects of playing the game. You know, beyond: sense of lost time....

Continue Reading


Featured Stories

Engadget

Engadget

TUAW

TUAW

Massively

Massively

WoW

WoW