Follow us on:

Posts tagged related-designs

Ubisoft fully acquires Anno developer

Ubisoft has fully purchased German developer Related Designs, best known for creating the Anno strategy series (Americans may remember Anno 1404 as Dawn of Discovery). The French publisher previously held a 30 percent share in the company, but bought the other 70 percent in an undisclosed cash...

Continue Reading

Anno 2070 Domination Mode mapped out by developers

Anno 2070's new multiplayer mode, Domination, allows two teams of five to fight for control of various points. Watch how it's done in the video above. Also, check out the size of that mic!...

Continue Reading

Dive into Anno 2070's 'Deep Ocean' this October

Anno 2070's under the sea expansion pack "Deep Ocean" will be available October 4 for $29.99. Announced earlier this year, the downloadable add-on will allow for a underwater geothermal plant, a new Tech Monument and a new population class of "Genius" for the Tech faction. Deep Ocean also includes...

Continue Reading

Anno 2070 dives deep to extract expansion this fall

Anno 2070 will go under the sea this autumn with the "Deep Ocean" expansion. The pack will allow for an underwater geothermal plant, a "hostile takeover" without the use of military, a new population class of "Genius" for the Tech faction and several other additions. The futurisitic update of the...

Continue Reading

Anno 2070 DRM grudgingly altered as little as possible

It's hard to watch Ubisoft's abusive relationship with PC gamers, but here's another example of the publisher delivering a box of chocolates to the hospital room. Economics and ecology simulator Anno 2070 has some pretty strict DRM, allowing only three installs per copy, which is restrictive but...

Continue Reading

See the pretty, sterile Anno 2070 debut teaser trailer

Anno 2070's first trailer feels so much like a pharmaceutical commercial that we keep waiting for the voice-over to tell us the side effects of playing the game. You know, beyond: sense of lost time....

Continue Reading

Ubisoft puts Anno 2070 on its calendar for anno 2011

Having released Dawn of Discovery in 2009, German developer Related Designs is producing a follow-up to its city building / strategy game which shifts the timeline several centuries forward. Co-developed by The Settlers studio Blue Byte, Anno 2070 is due out on PC this year, promising some twists...

Continue Reading

Anno coming to US on Wii and DS as Dawn of Discovery

Ubisoft is bringing the Anno series of historical strategy games to Wii and DS in North America under the title Dawn of Discovery this summer. It's also coming to PC -- but another strategy game on PC isn't really that big a deal. Dawn of Discovery features city-building gameplay in a simulated...

Continue Reading

You don't know what you're missing: Ubisoft delays 'unannounced franchise' (Anno, too)

Reporting its sales for the fiscal half-year today, Ubisoft also announced two software delays. "In view of the good first-half trends and the positive outlook for the third quarter, Ubisoft has decided that Anno as well as the as-yet unannounced franchise which were previously scheduled to be...

Continue Reading


Featured Stories

Engadget

Engadget

TUAW

TUAW

Massively

Massively

WoW

WoW