THE 2007 JOYSTIQ PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
- ELIGIBILITY: The 2007 Joystiq Pumpkin Carving Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Weblogs, Inc., AOL LLC, its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Contest, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with Contest (collectively “Contest Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
- SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Weblogs, Inc., 331 N. Maple Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 (“Sponsor”).
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00pm, Noon, Eastern Time (”ET”) on October 23, 2007 and ends at 12:00pm, Noon, ET on October 29, 2007 (the “Entry Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Entry Period, submit a video themed photo of a carved pumpkin to contests AAT Joystiq DAWT com. Submission will result in one (1) entry. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
- FINALIST SELECTIONS/ONLINE VOTING: On or about October 29, 2007, Sponsor will select the top twenty-five (25) finalists based equally on creativity and skill. Carvings must be the submitter’s own personal work/design with a video game theme. Designs must be original. No template cutting/carvings allowed. The photograph submitted must be the entrant’s own photograph, or entrant must have written permission from the person who took the photograph in order to submit the photo to the Contest. The top 25 finalists will be put online at http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/29/joystiq-pumpkin-carving-contest-vote-n-the-finalists/ for online voting from 5pm ET on October 29, 2007 to 4:59pm ET on October 30, 2007. The top ten (10) potential winners, as based on the highest number of online votes received during the online voting period will be announced on or about 6pm ET on October 20, 2007. Potential winners will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their mailing address. If a potential winner does not respond within five (5) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place.
- REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNERS: Except where prohibited, the potential winners will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) and an IRS W-9 form within seven (7) days of being notified. If the potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received.
- PRIZES: Ten (10) Winners will each receive a copy of Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles. Approx. Retail Value: $30.
No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Participant represents that submissions are 100% their original work. Participant understands and agrees that it is possible that other people may develop pumpkin carvings that are similar in appearance, name, character, “look and feel,” or in other ways appear to resemble the carving they design/create, and that such duplication or similarity between their carving design and anyone else’s carving shall in no way entitles them to any compensation from Weblogs or from any third party, including in the event a carving similar to theirs is selected as a winner in this Contest. Participant understands and agrees that Weblogs may, in its sole discretion, post all or some submissions including Participant’s submission in an online gallery, may use Participant’s submission in promotions and announcements about the Contest, and may, if Participant’s submission is selected as a finalist or Winner in the Contest, feature such submission on the Weblogs website. Participant also understands that Weblogs is not obligated to include the submission in the Contest and is not obligated to produce the Contest.
Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Contest Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Contest Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- CONTEST RESULTS: To request the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to The 2007 Joystiq Pumpkin Carving Contest Winner’s List, 22070 Broderick Drive – 12D:G09, Dulles, VA 20166. Requests must be received by November 7, 2007.
The Joystiq Podcast
Latest episode: Friday, July 11th, 2014