Oh, wait -- you mean that Nintendo is just demoing Pokémon Black and White at various malls around the games' release date, March 6, a full list and schedule for which is posted after the jump? We suppose that makes a lot more sense.
You'd better stay away from that Orange Julius, though. Just to be safe.
Pokémon Mall Tour
February 5 & 6
- Seattle, WA (Westfield Southcenter, Seattle, WA)
- Cleveland, OH (Westfield SouthPark, Strongsville, OH)
- San Jose, CA (Westfield Oakridge, San Jose, CA)
- Memphis, TN (Wolfchase Galleria, Memphis, TN)
- Los Angeles, CA (Westfield Santa Anita, Arcadia, CA)
- Indianapolis, IN (Castleton Square, Indianapolis, IN)
- Denver, CO (Town Center at Aurora, Aurora, CO)
- Philadelphia, PA (Franklin Mills, Philadelphia, PA)
- New York, NY (Westfield Garden State Plaza, Paramus, NJ)
- Minneapolis, MN (Mall of America®, Bloomington, MN)
- Dallas, TX (Grapevine Mills, Grapevine, TX)
- Atlanta, GA (Discover Mills, Lawrenceville, GA)
- Phoenix, AZ (Arizona Mills, Tempe, AZ)
- Jacksonville, FL (Orange Park Mall, Orange Park, FL)
Blockbuster Year For Pokémon Franchise Kicks Off With Opportunity For Fans To PlayHighly Anticipated Video Game Titles
BELLEVUE, Wash. - January 11, 2011 - Pokémon Trainers get ready...the Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version video games for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems are touring America! The Pokémon Company International announced today that one of the most anticipated video game releases of the year will be supported by a multi-city national mall tour starting February 5th - a month before the March 6th U.S. launch of the games. The 14-city tour will give fans an opportunity to discover all-new Pokémon while playing the brand-new adventure that has already taken Japan by storm. The mall tour will kick off a blockbuster year for the franchise with more activities, entertainment, and product releases on tap throughout 2011.
Each two-day stop along the Pokémon Black Version and White Version Tour will offer fans a truly immersive experience based on the new world found in the video games, with Pokémon taking over malls to celebrate the marquee releases. Video game demo areas will showcase Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, allowing fans to experience the games firsthand. Families can attend a free screening of the new Pokémon feature-length film, Pokémon-Zoroark: Master of Illusions, at theaters located at the mall tour stops. The tour also features Pokémon character meet and greets with brand-new starter Pokémon Snivy™, Tepig™ and Oshawott™, a mall-wide scavenger hunt, a special Celebi™ character distribution at GameStop stores; plus contests, prizes, and much more! A Pokémon Center store offering merchandise will also be on-site.
"The anticipation for Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version has been palpable, and we are eager to introduce these fantastic new games to America," said J.C. Smith, The Pokémon Company International's director of Marketing. "We cannot wait to hit the road and give Pokémon fans an up-close and personal look at an all-new world of Pokémon in a fun, totally immersive environment."