Joystiq's Somewhat Scatterbrained UK Charts Statistics of 2014
- 20 different games topped the charts in 2014 across 52 weeks
- 5 of those were re-releases, with 7 weeks worth of No. 1s between them
- Surprise surprise, FIFA 15 scored the longest run of consecutive No. 1s in 2014 (6)
- Between them, FIFA 14 and FIFA 15 held the top spot for a total of 15 weeks
- Add in Advanced Warfare and Titanfall, and that total goes up to 25 weeks
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was Joystiq's lowest-rated game to earn a UK No. 1 (2 stars)
- Grand Theft Auto 5 became the UK's all-time bestseller when it hit PS4 and Xbox One.
- No. of times we've badly shopped Chelsea footballer Oscar a la FIFA 15 into images of other games: 3, including this week. Happy holidays, Oscar!