The HD Collection will be available in a Limited Edition, with new box art by series artist Yoji Shinkawa and an exclusive art book. No pricing details have been announced -- but, then, no pricing details for the standard retail or downloadable versions have been announced either. So whatever the standard one costs, this one will cost a little more than that.
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., today announced a 'Limited Edition' METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION will be available for the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360® and is set to be released this winter.
In addition to the new features for METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION announced on September 15, 2011, the 'Limited Edition' will contain:
• Standard game
• Specialized packaging created by series lead artist, Yoji Shinkawa
• 248 page exclusive "The Art of Metal Gear Solid" artbook
Features for METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION include:
• Remastered from the ground up for PS3® & Xbox360®
• Stunning 1080p graphics
• 60 frames-per-second graphics
• Icons, sound effects, and all fonts upgraded for HD
• User interface rebalanced for HD
• Added right analog stick input and force feedback*
• Features Trophies on PS3® and Achievements on Xbox 360®
• Worldwide matchmaking for multiplayer (tentative)
• TRANSFARRING (save data sharing) compatible with PSP® version*