This week is all about the games with three full segments of impressions and opinions. Richard, Mike Schramm, and Dave discuss the Tomb Raider reboot and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance after seeing them at recent preview events. At least one of these games has a boss with a dozen-plus arms.
In the second segment, Richard is joined by Jordan and freelancer Heidi Kemps to revisit one of his first loves-- 3D Sega fighters of yore. Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, and Sonic the Fighters all get their due. Xav rounds out the game talk with a special BioShock Infinite check-in after last night's preview event.
News closes the show with Alexander, JC, Jess, and Sinan talking Peter Molyneux, Nintendo Power, Google Maps on Wii U, Steam Big Picture, and more.
Also, be sure to jump past the break to check out this week's giveaway.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Super Joystiq Podcast is also available in the Zune Marketplace
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
- 00:00:00 - 00:33:11 // Intro, WRUP/Previews: Richard, Mike Schramm, Dave
- 00:33:12 - 01:06:49 // Sega fighters: Richard, Jordan, Heidi Kemps (@Zerochan)
- 01:06:50 - 01:15:55 // BioShock Infinite: Xav
- 01:15:56 - 01:44:33 // News: Alexander, JC, Jess, Sinan
- 01:44:34 - 01:48:42 // Outro, content preview, and Joyswag results
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall - "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Selection from Virtua Fighter 2 (Akira's theme)
Segment Bumpers: Jordan Mallory
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast - Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Voice Mail: 1-877-JOYSTIQ (1-877-569-7847)
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for future streams and giveaways
Breaking News and Features
- Solving the 3D platforming problem in Jumping Flash
- Peter Molyneux
- Nintendo Power's nostalgic final cover
- Google Maps and Panorama View coming to Wii U in Japan next year [Update: US Maps date]
- Steam Big Picture is live, weeklong sale on controller-friendly games
Richard Mitchell and Jonathan Downin
Winners of ZombiU and a ZombiU Survival "Bug-Out Bag"
The following commenter on last week's podcast has won themselves a copy of ZombiU and an accompanying "Bug-Out Bag.". Send an email to podcast ATT joystiq DAWT com so we can verify your information and we'll get the game straight to you.
To enter this week's giveaway:
- Listen to the podcast. Leave a comment on this post telling us what you think about the Super Joystiq Podcast. We want your suggestions, questions, and comments!
- You must be 17 years or older and a resident of the United States or Canada (excluding Puerto Rico and Quebec).
- Only one entry per person.
- This entry period ends at 12:00PM ET, Friday, December 14, 2012.
- At that time, we'll randomly select one (1) winner to receive a copy of Scribblenauts Unlimited for Wii U, a copy of Scribblenauts Unlimited for 3DS, a Maxwell 3DS cover, a pencil-shaped 3DS stylus, and a Maxwell-style rooster hat.
- For a list of complete rules, click here.
What is Joyswag? Since we don't keep the games and merchandise we receive for review or promotional purposes, it becomes "Joyswag," which is passed along to our readers. Please note that Joyswag may be in "used" condition.
For more info on our policy, click here.