Last week, Xav de Matos and Mike Schramm spent a day exploring the world of Columbia, the cloud city-setting of the upcoming game from developer Irrational Games. Rather than inject the discussion into a standard episode – primarily because we understand some gamers would rather skip any and all details related to the game until it launches on March 26, 2013 – we've decided to break the conversation Xav and Mike had into its own special episode.
While the pair are only speaking of their experience with the game, this episode does include spoilers for the opening hours of BioShock Infinite. Listen as Xav and Mike discuss exploring the world of Columbia as well as thoughts about the game's themes, which include racism, American exceptionalism, and religion.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Super Joystiq Podcast is also available in the Zune Marketplace
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
- 00:00:00 - 00:48:22 // Preview: Xav and Mike discuss BioShock Infinite
Music: Broke for Free - "Calm the **** Down"
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast - Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Voice Mail: 1-877-JOYSTIQ (1-877-569-7847)
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for future streams and giveaways
- Preview: Exorcising demons with blind faith in BioShock Infinite
- Ken Levine Video Interview – Part One: The evolving world of BioShock Infinite
- Ken Levine Video Interview – Part Two: Irrational's corporate culture
Xav de Matos and Jonathan Downin