The Homeland DLC pack, available for $6.99 on PC, Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U, adds a pair of co-op mission maps, two new sneaking suits for Sam, a crossbow with sleeping darts and some skins for Blacklist's Spies vs. Mercs multiplayer mode. Previously, this DLC content was exclusive to pre-orders and the collector's edition.
Splinter Cell Blacklist launched last month, marking the first entry in Ubisoft's iconic series since the divisive Splinter Cell: Conviction back in 2010. In our review of Blacklist, we lauded the campaign's situational freedom and proclaimed it the best entry in the series yet.
SAN FRANCISCO – SEPTEMBER 25, 2013 – Today, Ubisoft® announced that the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Backlist™ Homeland downloadable content pack is now available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Wii U™ system and Windows PC for $6.99. In this latest offering, players can complete their Splinter Cell Blacklist experience with new missions, weapons and more. The pack includes:
New Co-op Missions
* Billionaire's Yacht Co-op map – In this story-related mission, infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea solo or with a friend.
* Dead Coast Co-op map - Take out a terrorist cell in a remote part of the Middle East in single player or co-op mode.
Weapons, Gear and More
* Crossbow with sleeping gas bolts - When armed with the stealthy crossbow and sleeping gas bolts, enemies will be snoozing before they even know what hit them.
* Upper Echelon Suit – This suit offers better protection against fire power and blends into the shadows.
* 4E Eclipse Suit - This suit allows Sam to carry more gadgets and offers premium protection.
* Gold, Amber and White goggles - Mix up Sam's iconic goggles with Gold, Amber or White lights.
* Exclusive Mercs and Spy Skin
In Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist, players take on the role of lethal operative Sam Fisher who is armed with a new mandate to hunt down the masterminds behind The Blacklist, a series of escalating attacks on US interests. Faced with his biggest mission yet, Sam and his Fourth Echelon team must figure out how to stop these global assaults before the countdown reaches zero.
Delivering a gripping modern-day storyline, the game brings back core elements of the franchise and incorporates a new level of technical innovation and design to create the biggest Splinter Cell to date. The game features an immersive single player campaign, distinct co-op missions and the return of the critically-acclaimed Spies vs. Mercs multiplayer mode. Not only does the popular adversarial mode mark its triumphant return with the classic two vs. two action, but also introduces the new Spies vs. Mercs Blacklist version which supports up to eight players in four vs. four competition. All gameplay modes support a universal economy and customization system that allow players to completely customize their experience to support a wide variety of play style.