Two story-driven games, two very different experiences. Ludwig, Susan, and Jordan convene to talk about the disappointing Beyond: Two Souls, Telltale's triumphant return in The Wolf Among Us, and an early beta open-world, first-person mountain biking game (yes, for real), MTB Freeride. We also answer an array of listener questions, mostly pertaining to the now-just-five-weeks-away next generation of consoles.
Joyswag is back with 20 codes available for indie game Irritum, and stick around after the show for a full, spoiler-filled breakdown of some of the more puzzling facets of Beyond: Two Souls's story.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
Hosts: Ludwig (@LudwigK), Susan (@SusanArendt), Jordan (@Jordan_Mallory)
- 00:00:00 // Intro
- 00:01:27 // The Wolf Among Us
- 00:14:04 // Beyond: Two Souls
- 00:51:09 // MTB Freeride
- 00:56:56 // Mailbaaaaaaaaag
- 01:31:52 // Giveaway
- 01:33:18 // Wrap-up
- 01:34:56 // Beyond: Two Souls spoiler talk
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall – "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Go Cart, Blown Away, Rocket - Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast – Have a question? Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Subscribe to Joystiq's YouTube Channel
- Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for game streams and giveaways
Jonathan Downin (@jonathandownin)
Joyswag: 20 codes for indie game Irritum
To enter this week's giveaway:
- Listen to and subscribe to the podcast. Send an email to podcast at joystiq dot com. Be sure to include the secret password (revealed during the podcast) in the subject line. Spelling counts! Comments posted here do not qualify.
- Only one entry per person, per password. Emails containing multiple passwords do not qualify. Must be over 18 years of age and a resident of the United States.
- Entries must be received on or before Friday, October 18, 2013.
- At that time, we'll randomly select one (20) winners to receive a code for Irritum.
- For a list of complete rules for JoySwag, click here.
What is Joyswag? Since we don't keep the games and merchandise we receive for review or promotional purposes, it becomes "Joyswag," which is passed along to our readers. Please note that Joyswag may be in "used" condition.
For more info on our policy, click here.