Other improvements encourage you to bask in Rage's beauty: Museum Mode lets you casually stroll through the levels, mutant-free, taking in all the sights. Look, a collapsed wall. Charming! 2nd Display Support lets you link your iThing up to your television using an Apple component cable (480p) or an Apple VGA cable (720p), so you can get some big-screen appreciation for all those polygons.
But our favorite enhancement is surely "Gyroscope Support" – forget about tilt-based aiming, it's all about the virtual window-style now. Grab yourself a swivel-based office chair, park it in the middle of your room, and peer through your 3.5" window (or 9.7" for you iPad owners) into the 360°, megatextured alterna-world of Rage. Find the update notes after the break.
- Game Center Leaderboards – Compare your daily, weekly and all-time scores with friends as well as global leaders.
- Game Center Achievements – More than 50 achievements to unlock. Career, map and difficulty specific challenges!
- Gyroscope Support (iPhone 4 & iPod touch 4) – Hold and move your iPhone in front of you like a virtual window with full gyroscopic aiming control.
- Museum Mode – Explore the levels at your own pace, eerily void of any mutants. Take-in a taste of the spectacular RAGE universe, powered by id Tech megatexturing technology.
- 2nd Display Support – Play on a TV or Monitor using your iDevice as a controller. Output 480p over the official Apple Component cable & 720p over the official Apple VGA cable.
- Mirror Mode – mirrored levels flips the world for a new shooting experience.
- Language Localization – now in French, Italian, German & Spanish.
- Additional Bug Fixes