Also notable on the sales charts is the debut of another time-lost title, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. At #5, it is the first 3DS exclusive to chart in the NPD top ten. Find the top ten best-selling games listed after the break.
It's definitely a triumphant month for the past, as total game sales were down from $1.15 billion in June of 2010 to $1.03 billion in June of this year. Once again, however, Microsoft is happy, declaring its Xbox 360 the only console in the US to show year-over-year growth. The Xbox was the top-selling console with 507,000 units which Microsoft claims is "nearly twice as many units as other current-generation platforms" this month.
Top 10 best-selling games (US) for June 2011
- L.A. Noire (360, PS3)
- Duke Nukem Forever (360, PS3, PC)
- Infamous 2 (PS3)
- Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSP, PC)
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PC)
- NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, PC)
- Mortal Kombat (PS3, 360)
- Cars 2 (NDS, Wii, 360, PS3, PC)
- Just Dance 2 (Wii)